October 14, 2007

What's Up....

Time is just flying right by!

We've had some exciting news in the last couple of weeks. First we found out my cousin Jason and his wife, Carolyn are expecting their first baby! We were thrilled to hear that! Then we found out that my other cousin, Trisha, and her husband Gustavo are also expecting their first baby! We were thrilled again. It's so exciting to have these precious little ones on their way into our family. I cannot wait.

Speaking of not being able to wait-I cannot wait for the very close (we hope anyways!) arrival my brother and his wife's first baby, Baby Bee! I'm SO SO SO excited to see that precious little one. My brother's having a baby! It's so exciting and so amazing! (well, he's not having it, but ya know :) ) Pray for Rachel and the precious baby as you think of them. I hope she has a fast and as easy as possible labor, and that it is a wonderful experience for her!

Yesterday we got the letter about the end of our lease here at the apartments coming up - December 31st. I'm excited about the prospects up ahead. I hope we can find a nice little house to rent somewhere. It will be so nice to have a backyard!!

This coming Thursday I am having Gallbladder surgery. Please pray for me, as I am nervous. At the same time, I am very excited and grateful to God.
This has been such a long thing for me. So many times of pain and not knowing what to do....
What we believe was my first big bout with my gallbladder was way back when I was/thought I was in labor with Patrick! So, it has been a long time. Thankfully I stopped having attacks in late June/early July of '06, but It still gives me some pain-and although I did pass some stones we think, the sonogram showed that I have a mass of something in there still.

I wasn't sure if I should have my gallbladder out. We went ahead though and set up surgery for October 18th. The surgery center needed $2000 dollars before the surgery. We didn't have that, but our dear, dear family and friends from our old Church put on a garage sale to help with our medical bills.
Because of them we made a payment last month of over half the fee. We are so grateful to those people who gave of their things, time and energy. Thank you all SO much! I know it was a lot of work. We are truly grateful to everyone who helped. What a blessing you all have been-and what love you have shown us!! May God bless you for your kindness, love, hard work and generosity!

I was still unsure of what I should do about the surgery, but my dear husband said he thought it was what we should do, and decided this week to go ahead and pay the rest of the fee, even though it would make things tight for us....and do you know what the Lord did? First he made it possible for James to play some gigs this week (even with his full time job) giving us more money than usual.
THEN, on the very day James paid the surgery center, there came a letter to our mail box with $500 in it! What an amazing God we have! He is so gracious to me. So many times I grumble and complain...say and think horrible things....yet he turns around and gives us these great gifts! He is merciful and good to me-I am so undeserving of both!
The gift in the mail was anonymous....so, if that person happens to read this, please know how very much you blessed us by your gift. We are very grateful. Thank you SO much!!

So Thursday is the big day. It's such a huge thing for me. This gallbladder adventure has been long-seems like so long to me....it's amazing to think it's coming to an end. Of course I know that you can have problems from not having your gallbladder, so please pray that I won't have any, and that everything will go fine with surgery. It's my first surgery so of course I'm nervous. Probably would be even if it wasn't my first.

So, that's what's up. James is off at his last concert, and I'm going to go relax and watch a movie! Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: