October 23, 2007

Baby Bee and Various Parenting Musings....

Tonight we are awaiting the arrival of the newest Beeman! Rachel is in labor and we are all so excited, and praying for her, the baby and Jedidiah!!
We can hardly wait, and I'm sure J&R feel the same way!
We five have cast our votes as to when the baby shall arrive etc. etc. - I'll let you know who comes the closest after the wonderful event occurs! :)

Recovery has been going pretty well. It's hard to not be able to lift Patrick, and it's hard to have our life "upset" out of it's normal routine, but it's so worth it, as James reminds me when I fret.

I was reminded today of how much my little son needs a routine - among other things. From the time he was itty bitty he was easily over-stimulated. He needed lots of sleep, yet sometimes fought it, thus making himself and his parents rather miserable.
With the surgery has come the need for people to be over here helping me since I can't lift P. With that has come a change of routine. and more stimulation. Poor little Patrick is having a hard time with the changes and excitement. He is also testing the waters. Fun times indeed. But we shall make it. And we are ever grateful for the help of those willing to come spend the day here with me lifting Patrick etc. etc.!

Patrick's personality continues to bloom - and as it does, I can look back and think -hey! he used to make that look when he was "little!" For quite awhile now he has had very definite opinions of how he wants things to go. Things of play etc. etc. - he has planned out just how he wants them to go - and he gets rather upset if anyone suggest something different!

It's amazing how different it is to have a child of your own vs. just babysitting. It's so true that love covers a multitude of sins.
It's a really neat thing to be able to compare our imperfect but oh so strong love for our children, no matter what they do, to the perfect and oh so much stronger love that God has for us. It's a great hope when we feel like surely God couldn't love us after this or that thing that we've done. I mean, last night my son threw a terrible terrible fit - totally out of control awful behaviour. Yet that night my heart was full of love for him. To think that God feels like that (and so much more/better) towards us! It's encouraging!!!

The 21st marked the one year anniversary of finding out I was pregnant with Jamie. So many milestones to pass after that loss. Still some more coming up in November, too. Almost a year since I've been pregnant. That's the longest I've gone since getting married. It was 8 months until there was Patrick, then about 9 months before there was Jamie.

Well, James was up until about 3:30 am - then up around 6:30, so he is already in bed. Perhaps I shall head that direction here soon, since I will hopefully be making a trip to visit the new baby tonight!

Have a wonderful evening! Hopefully soon there will be a big "IT's a GIRL or BOY" posty!!!

No comments: