October 09, 2007

Longing for a Circle....with love to my "Complete Circle"!!

Have you ever been removed from your "circle" before?

I have been removed various times before, but the last time has been the hardest, I think. Maybe it's because I'm grown up now, and more aware of things. Or maybe it's because of other circumstances happening at the same time.

What I'm talking about is your life. What makes up your day to day, who you see, what you do....The people and places to whom and where you belong.

I know, we truly belong to God. and of course there are our families. But there is more, too.

Nearly a year ago my life began changing. This has been a year of change - and now, I find myself without a circle.

...I like to "do the computer" as I call it. Reading peoples blogs, a forum, facebook....and as I do, I notice the conversations between friends. Girls talking to girls about babysitting for each other, getting together for coffee, going on outings together.

While doing this, I also observe the happenings of people from my old circle. Still together. Their lives still going on. And here I am. Removed.
Not because of anything they did, and not because they don't keep up with me. Things have just changed.
Parts of my life and heart that used to be filled are now empty.
This hurts.
I long for a circle. I long for my old circle. I long to belong. Have "my people."

But I'm stuck in the middle of two worlds right now.
I don't belong to my old circle.
I don't belong to our new circle.

Time will fill these empty places in my heart. A lot can happen with time. It always seems to hurt a little though, the affect of time, I mean.....for as time marches on, unfamiliar things become the norm, and familiar things become dear memories of the past.

I've thought some about my old circles. Looking at memento's reminded me of the people who made up my life 5-10-15 years ago.
All those different people were my life during different seasons of my 25 years.

Many of those people are still my friends today. DEAR friends....but they no longer make up my day to day, right-in-front-of-me life circle. It's a little sad to have been so close to so many people, and then every 5 years or so be removed and start over again!

I know there's a flip side, too. How wonderful to get to know so many people, and have their influences on my life!....

...So, here's to all my friends from my whole life: Thanks for being a part of my life. I may not see you from day to day anymore, but you are not forgotten!
Thanks for helping make up my complete circle! ;)

2 comments:

Scott & Melissa Davis said...

Dearest Hope,
As always you bless and touch my heart...thank you for sharing so honestly! I love you....
Your friend ALWAYS from your "old circle" Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hope - I am SO BLESSED to be a part of your web circle! =) I love the people God has brought across my path through blogs and such. I know it isn't chance - it is His mighty hand moving in my life. It's also such a neat picture of the body of Christ world-wide, that we could be connected in some small way and build one another up.
I totally understand the circle changing thing. Mine seems to ebb and flow too - relationships go through phases, some change, so end, some grow. How wonderful to know that the dearest friend of all - our Lord - is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Love and a hug to you!
Kelly