July 02, 2007

Three Years Ago...

Three years ago, July 3rd, 2004, I married my James...

It was the beginning of a whole new life for me. I left my parents home, and went to a home of my own. The boy I had loved so very much before, was now my husband. I belonged with him.

Our wedding day was wonderful and beautiful! I remember talking all about it while flying to Oregon together....what sweet memories!


Forever Newlyweds....forever!


The Wedding Party! All my girls!

We so appreciate the sacrifices of our family and friends on that day! What would we have done without them?? We were truly blessed by them.

My Groom....getting ready for his wedding!

Love is a wonderful thing...Thank you for it, God! Thank You for my wonderful, wonderful husband. I know I am blessed. I'm so in love with him...My handsome boy :) About to depart for our honeymoon - the new Mr. and Mrs. James Gallagher!!! Amazing that it's already been three years since we sailed away from that Greenville highschool in our little ford tempo!
I remember all the adjustments at first! I also remember sweet Betty Scott's words to me in her wedding card "...the Lord will draw you closer and closer through the adjustments (we are all humans!) until you are able to look around and think - You are "my family" now, you are the one I miss when we are apart, you are who I'd rather be with than anyone else in the world!"
I was comforted by those words in 2004 - and in 2007 I can say how right she is! Marriage is a wonderful journey - one in which loves just grows stronger with time, by God's grace and through His strength. It is indeed one of His most wonderful and fun gifts to us, Betty!
---------------------------
Other July 3rds of ours :)
Our 1st Anniversary - and pregnant with Patrick!
Our 2nd Anniversary - holding our sweet little Paddy Whack -almost 7 months old!What a beautiful life we have had these last three years! I love making memories with you while on this journey, James. I love it that you are the one beside me each step of the way....In the kitchen late at night, getting a drink of apple juice.....sneaking together into Patrick's room, to peer over his crib and gaze at our baby together....telling me everything is going to be ok.....laughing with me.....making me laugh.....taking trips together....I just love life with you!!
Thank you for your patience with me-thank you for being able to read me so well-and being willing to smile and say "You need some sleep" when I'm an awful grouch!
Thank you for putting up with all my "great expectations" for you! Thank you for leading us, and for your love for our Lord.
Thank you for your commitment to me. Thank you for thinking I'm beautiful, and telling me so. Thank you for loving me....just me.....Thank you for marrying me. I'm glad you did ;)
HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY!!

2 comments:

James Gallagher said...

Hope,

You are so special to me. Thank you for all your sweet words. Happy 3rd anniversary! I am so glad that I married you and made a life together with you. I know that I married the RIGHT person and I know that our beautiful friendship will only grow deeper.

I love you,

James

[pulls roses from behind back and puckers up]

Scott & Melissa Davis said...

Happy happy anniversary my dear friend...what perfect precious memories...He is the Giver of good gifts!!!
With all my love!
Melissa