July 06, 2007

Our Busy Beginning of July - An Important Birthday for James!


Have we ever been busy! It all started last Friday, when we decided at the last minute to make a trip to TN. We left around 8:30 and arrived around 6:30 the next morning! We had a wonderful time visiting our dear friends the Smiths. More pictures will be posted later on Patrick's blog! :)Then arrived our 3rd anniversary on the 3rd! My parents came to stay with Patrick while James and I went back to "our" B&B in Fort Worth. We've spent every July 3rd there since our Wedding Day! We had a lovely time together. Sadly I deleted all our pictures by accident though :( - except I manged to save one--this one: Stay tuned for the story of our anniversary snake! ;)

The Next day was July 4th! We spent most of the day together while my parents had little P. (THANK YOU Grandmerry and Poppie! You did an EXCELLENT job!)

We dropped our rings off for cleaning, resizing (I went from a 8 1/4 to a 6! Yahoo!) and engraving. We wanted to get them engraved when we were married, but decided to wait. I'm SO excited that we finally did it this year! :)
--------------------------

and now, today.

July 6th, 2007.

Today is my husband's birthday - and not just ANY birthday - it's his 30th!!!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, JAMES!!!

Here's just a little peek into the 30 years he has lived so far!

James was born July 6th, 1977. He wishes he could have been born on 7-7-77, but oh well! God has a perfect plan for his life, and picked the 6th for his birthdate! He was born the third child of what would become eight in the following years. He was the second boy of 4.

When he was little, he went to ACE schools, later, his family switched to homeschool, using ATIA (ATI)....

Here he is, little "Jimmy" on his 2nd birthday - 1979
Here he is with Joseph, his brother right below him. They were best-est little buds! :)L-R Jordan, Joseph, James and Dad Gallagher
James holding his baby brother, Jonathan!James and Joseph, a little older here! :)
In 1992, I met James for the first time. I was 10 and he was 15...many fun years followed, and finally in Dec 2001 (Christmas night!) we started courting!...
...and in July of 2004 we were married!!!
James loves music - specifically baroque music. He plays the violin beautifully -and loves to improvise (and is excellent at it too, I might add! ;) )
He has played with lots of groups - the Dallas Bach Society, New Trinity Baroque, Orchestra of New Spain - in lots of different places. He even played (with others) for the King and Queen of Spain! (although not in Spain! :) )

James is a wonderful husband and father! I always loved his gentleness and sweetness with me - and now I see it with our son, too! Just last night he went to check on Patrick before we went to sleep. He came out and told me how P was making these little noises - then he said "I'm going to check on him again, and pray for him...." I thought that was so sweet!

Besides being so sweet and kind, James is also very manly and strong! People wouldn't always think he is strong, but he is! VERY! and he loves sports, and is very good (and competitive!) at them! I'm looking forward to him teaching and playing sports with Patrick!

In 2006 we began to feel that a job switch might be needed. James went from music teaching and performing to learning how to be a Technical Support guy at Weirs Furniture.


He is doing a wonderful job learning something new-I'm so proud of him! Already he has passed the tests to get his A+ training!!




I'm grateful to him also, for working so hard to provide for us - and setting his dreams aside for awhile. I really hope that someday he can do more with music than he is able to right now.
--------------------


....and now he is 30! Hard to believe we've known each other for almost 15 years now! Half James' life!

I have many precious memories of your 20's, James! I look forward to the memories we will make while you are in your 30's - even though you left me behind in my 20's!


I love you, James! HAPPY 30TH!! God bless you!!!


No comments: