Since I accidentally deleted all our anniversary pictures (except one that I had saved earlier...) I want to write about it so I'll remember it!
Of course there is one part I won't forget. First, because I have a picture of it. Second, because it's rather unforgettable! ;)
But let me start at the beginning!
----------------------
July 3rd, 2007 - our 3rd anniversary.
We spent the morning at home, doing various things to prepare for our little overnight get-away together. It started out as a cloudy day, and soon the rain began to fall. It was really pouring!
As I was working on writing out some info about Patrick (for my parents who would be babysitting) the phone rang. It was my Dad, who said that they might be stuck at home, due to flooding. After hanging up, James and I started trying to figure out a plan B or C, in case they were indeed stuck.
Thankfully everything there worked out, and around 12:30 my parents safely arrived. James was out running errands at this point (and getting a much needed hair cut!) so I went over the "Patrick notes" with my mom and dad.
Around 2:45 or so James arrived back-with a vase of beautiful red roses and purple "filler" flowers of some sort. We talked some more, took a few pictures etc. etc. then said goodbye to our little baby boy-and were off.
We stopped first at the conoco for gas and drinks (and gummy bears) Then we were really off. :)The sun was shinning now, which was very nice-and similar to what the weather had done on our Wedding Day, too.
After awhile the clouds came back and it started to rain. Then we got in some awful traffic. It was about 45 min that we sat there on the highway, inching along-and sweating in our no ac car. We listened to James' MP3 player, one headphone thingy in each of our ears (there's no radio in our lovely car either :) )
Finally though the traffic cleared and we made our way to Lockheart Gables.
We were taken upstairs to "our" love nest-where we have gone for the last 3 July 3rds.
I love all the special things they do-not to mention the beautiful room! There were the heart shaped and VERY YUMMY cookies-one with my name and one with James', and one saying "Three wonderful years."
Before too long we headed out for dinner at the Macaroni Grill. We had a very fun time together, and the food was very good.
That evening we relaxed and even got in some of a movie.
The next morning (July 4th!) we slept in and then enjoyed breakfast in our room. It was SO good. The owner let us know that they would be gone at check out time, and we could stay longer if we wanted.
We had a nice long soak in the heart shaped jacuzzi, then prepared to wash our hair.
I reached to pull the curtain around the tub, and as I did, I saw a SNAKE fall into the water with us! I was shocked and soon shrieked! James didn't really know what had happened, but he yelled "Get Out!" which I did with great agility. :)
I sprung over the side of the jacuzzi and landed on my feet on the floor. After James had gotten out, he proceeded to kill our little intruder with my shampoo bottle. He was a little guy-but still a snake. And a snake is a snake-especially when he's in a jacuzzi with you!

After that we washed our hair in the sink and packed up to leave :)
We then drove to Plano where we dropped off our rings for cleaning, resizing and engraving!
It was so fun to be reunited with little Paddy boy! His face when he saw us was so sweet!!
We had a lovely time together, despite our little snake adventure. We really appreciate my parents taking such wonderful care of our son.
It was a wonderful 3rd anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment