and the children of the Father's love His gracious gifts receive.
When my outward strength is almost gone and I cannot bear the test
He assures me of the promises on which my faith can rest.
I'll tarry here by the promises and wait on the Lord
knowing each promise brings His sure reward
I'm holding fast to his promises not one word will fail
I'll focus on the mighty One whose promises prevail.
When I'm compassed round on every side and I cannot see his face,
when I wander dry and desert lands and search for streams of grace
When my heart is bound by grief and woe or robed in leaves of shame
by every promise in His word my Savior writes my name.
I'll tarry here by the promises and wait on the Lord
knowing each promise brings His sure reward
I'm holding fast to his promises not one word will fail
I'll focus on the mighty One whose promises prevail.
Not a pledge He gives He'll not redeem, not a hope He'll not fulfill
and where His finger points the way He'll show His perfect will
When the night is dark and the future veiled and my eyes long for the light
He will meet me where his promises shine brightly in the night.
I'll tarry here by the promises and wait on the Lord
knowing each promise brings His sure reward
I'm holding fast to his promises not one word will fail
I'll focus on the mighty One whose promises prevail.
("Tarry by the Promises" by Loren Elms - transcribed to the best of my ability - I may have messed up a few words!)
This is a beautiful song (I listen to it on the Knight Family's CD, and it's so lovely!) that has become very special to me, and is such an encouragement to me as we are facing these issues of Patrick's health.
It has been a long road, and it's longer still - and looking pretty complicated. It's something that often gives me a nervous feeling, and makes me feel like I might go crazy. It's all so complicated and overwhelming and difficult. I love my little boy SO much, and it's so hard to see him going through these things.
It's so hard for me to go through them, too. To not be overwhelmed and ruled by fear....to trust God with all the ins and outs - and ultimately with my son - who is, after all, just on loan to us from Himself.
I must trust Him, and tarry by His promises. He is faithful!
God's promises to me:
"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." - Hebrews 13:1
"...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. " II Cor 12:9
"but (I) am faithful, (and)will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Cor 10:14b
"...My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:30
"(I have) not given (you) a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." II Timothy 1:7
1 comment:
What beautiful lyrics! They make me want to hear the music too!
Sorry you are going through a difficult time. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Continue to tarry by His promises.
* hug *
Post a Comment