April 23, 2008

Of Fun Times and Little Boys...

I love my husband! It seems like a very long time since I have done anything "special" for him....and he has been doing all these sweet things for me!! A few weeks ago, he saved up his "extra" money to take me out on a date - and set up the babysitting, too!! It was a wonderful surprise, and I love dates with him!!
Then last Sunday, after a very busy weekend, he made this nice little movie party set up! It just goes to show me that you can make nice little things without having to spend a lot. We had pizzas from Wal-Mart that cost like .98 each - a bottle of coke that cost like 1.00, and a movie from the library, that since I returned it on time, cost nothing!!....oh, and we had the delicious leftovers from our visit with friends for dessert - which also cost nothing! I am so glad that I married James.....he is such a good husband, in so many ways. I love his patience and endless love for me. I love him more each year.....A BIG praise - our septic tank was replaced!!! Monday morning, Patrick and I were sleeping in, and what should wake me up but the noise of a big truck, and the voices of men outside the house later on.....for the next 2 1/2 days we lived in a little boy heaven!....several "dump-truck" type machines right outside our very windows!! We are SO grateful to God for answering our prayer, and allowing this problem to get officially fixed!
In other news, Patrick is sleeping in a toddler bed!! The first night it felt so wrong to leave him "free" in his room!! Very strange, after always making sure he was safe IN his crib for over 28 months! Every night since then (first night being Tuesday) he has fallen out at some point (and multiple times, too) He doesn't cry (that we hear - and we are right next door to him) and when we go in to check at times, he is asleep on the floor.....so we pick him up and put him back in bed.....:) not the best set up....hopefully he will get the hang of it soon. If he keeps this up for several weeks, I guess we shall have to go back to a crib!
He seems to really like his little bed, though! And he looks so cute in it :) So, I'm working on changing his room to a train theme. Goodbye to his classic pooh nursery! I need to get some more stuff to decorate with, and some stuff for his bed....my mom got the adorable and beautiful quilt for him off of eBay, I think. It's too big for the toddler bed, so I put it on the wall. (I have re-arranged since this pic was taken. The bed is now the the right of the quilt, against the wall) Our precious boy continues to grow! He is using two and sometimes three words together now to communicate.....also using sign language.....he really seems to understand a lot. It's neat and scary all at once! He listens to what we say, remembers etc.!
He is so sensitive, too! I'm glad. James says he was like that as a child (easily cried about things....was scared of stuff....) and I'd love it if Patrick grew up to be like his father (who outgrew both those things, but remained a caring and sensitive guy!) Yesterday I was reading to little Paddy, and he burst into tears over something that happened in the book! My poor baby!

Tomorrow we leave for vacation! Our first paid vacation!! Yay! It's for a whole week! (plus some, counting the weekend!!) We are spending some of it with family, and some with our little family. We are staying in a friends cabin about two hours away from here. It will be wonderful to visit with family, especially since my brother and his family will be moving in about a week and a few days.....

as always, check out P's blog for lots of pics of current events!! www.life-with-patrick.blogspot.com

No comments: