How did that happen?
Emma grew up a lot in this month! She made a big switch from "little little baby" to "bigger, more grown up baby."
So sad & so fun, all at the same time! It is sad because it all went so fast. seriously. SO FAST. They only stay teeny tiny for a VERY, VERY short time. But it's fun because we get to see more of her sweet, wonderful personality bursting forth! She is such a precious little girl!
The biggest news of her 3rd month is that she GOT TEETH! Yes, I know! I'm in shock myself!
Our family had been to the arboretum for the 1st time of the season, and I was buckling her up in her carseat to go home. Maybe she smiled at me, or just had her mouth open. I don't know. But suddenly I saw these two little toofers in her bottom gums! I was so shocked! I talked to her about it, and she just grinned & grinned at me! :) That was on march 6th, 2011. Our whole family was pretty excited about that, and I thought it was pretty feminine of her to get her 1st teeth while at the arboretum ;) lol. She had been drooling tons, and perhaps a little more high strung, but really, it was painless teething! (at least it appeared that way!) Amazing! James had told me he felt teeth under there, but I didn't believe him! He was right!
* Emma is much more alert & aware of things going on. She loves to grin & laugh and squeal.
* She has also shown a different side of more infuriated crying at times. So pitiful & funny at times! Poor baby!
* I would say she is still a laid back child though - she is just getting some opinions now :) Like, she doesn't like to eat when swaddled. She wails. For awhile, right after her teeth first popped through, she was more irritable, but that seems to have passed. Perhaps she was in pain as they pushed more of the way through.
* She loves to grab her nightgown or clothes and eat them.
* She loves to eat EVERYTHING. The other day I was holding her at the table and she reached out and picked up a carrot out of a bowl on the table - then started to bring it to her mouth!
* She LOVES water & watching us drink out of clear water-bottles. She shakes with excitement and reaches out for it, with great big eyes!
* She loves chewing on anything and most everything. She "eats" it all with great gusto. She even tries to eat our faces!
* She loves James' hair!
* She loves the boys! She smiles & laughs at them so much - and they at her! They both often exclaim in such sweet voices "AWWW!" When they see her in an outfit, or run in her room and climb up on her crib to greet her after naps, etc. She of course just grins and waves her arms and legs about with glee!
* She makes little "half smiles" that are the cutest, most coy little looks!
* She makes adorable "talking" & "cooing" sounds.
* She rolls on her side. On the 14th (tech. in her 4th month) I placed her on her tummy and walked out of the room. When I came back in she was on her back, and Patrick claims he didn't do it ;)
* Loves toys. Shakes with excitement.
* Doing great in the moby. I think my problems came from positioning. If I put her high enough & tight enough it still works great. I love carrying her that way, and she likes it, too. She looks all around on our walks, then finally falls asleep with her sweet little head laid against me.
* She has the cutest "fuzzy" hair!
* I have a really hard time trying to tell what color her eyes are. They appear to be different colors at times. Blue, Hazel....not sure how they will turn out yet.
* Still does dainty, feminine things with her hands.
* Emma is a very tall little girl! She is off the charts for length, (27 inches) and in the 75th percentile for weight. (15 lbs.)
* Emma eats very quickly a lot of the time. Like 5 minutes. It's amazing, but according to our lactation consultant, she can get a complete meal in that time.
* Still a sweet little cuddle bug.
* Still being swaddled at night and I've used it sometimes during the days as well, when she is having a hard time going to sleep. But more often she sleeps "free" during the day and swaddled at night. Occasionally we will leave her un-swaddled at night or in the morning after an early feeding.
* Still sleeping in the pack 'n play in our room! (although on the night of the 13th, Emma slept all night in her crib, due to an emergency room visit for me. She also had her first stay with baby-sitters, which was also due to the ER visit, and obviously unplanned.)
* She is still sleeping well! Although it changes from time to time, her usual thing is to go to bed around 8-9 and sleep until anywhere from 4-6, then eat and often go back to sleep for a bit more. I am SO blessed!
* She is so much fun, and so sweet. I just love to kiss on her soft little cheeks.
* I absolutely LOVE dressing her up. So fun.
We love you baby girlie! Thanks for brightening up our lives, and filling our home with so much JOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment