Thanks to everyone for their patience about the change in blogging. I realize it's not quite as easy to view etc., so I'm grateful for your patience and that you are sticking with us! :)
I have a lot of personal info on my blogs, and it seemed like a good idea to make that all private :) Also, since I'm fond of posting half naked pics of my kids, it also seemed like a good idea to have a limited audience of tried and true friends :) actually though, my hubby told me about a news story of a family who got in trouble and had their kids taken away temporarily over photos on their memory stick at walmart! I was very glad I made my blogs private after that!
and with that, we shall move on to some various and assorted thoughts....
My sweet little boy said the nicest thing to me the other day! I was talking to him about having a wife, and he said no, he didn't want to etc., then he said "I just like my wife that's called Mama."
One day he will feel differently :) But for now I do enjoy the fact that his little heart loves me that much!
Sometimes I realize I'm different than I think I am. I still feel like I did when I was, say, 18....but um, I don't think I come across that way. Or maybe I should say I hope I don't? :) I don't know. We are getting older, and don't fall in the "teen" category anymore. I still feel like I do though- but the teens around me probably really don't think I do :)
The 25th was my dad's birthday. We spent the 26th with him and my mom, and had a fun time! Here he is with two of his grandsons! Time sure does fly....
My little Nicolas is a REAL crawler now! SO CUTE! He was crawling all over the deck yesterday. It was the most lovely weather, and all three of us were having a wonderful time outside...
We got to go on a DATE last weekend! It has been SOOOOOO long since we went on a date. It was so wonderful! I kept feeling like I did on our honeymoon! I love it when all of a sudden memories and feelings of the past come rushing back, and it's almost like I'm there, living it all again. Not that the present isn't good, too - it's all important and part of who we are and where God has us now.
Been thinking about my life with these two. They take up my every waking moment. They are so much my LIFE, if you know what I mean.....sometimes I just look at them and my heart overflows with love, amazement and thankfulness to God.
There are moments that are so wonderful, and there are moments that are so terrible! I always want to tell someone about them, and have them understand exactly what I mean....Some things just can't be conveyed in writing or words! Either way though, I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are worth any sacrifice, for they bring SO MUCH JOY to our lives. What did we do before they were born? (oh yeah, sleep 'till 11 am....I remember now! :) :) ) Hehe.
Tonight our "weekend" begins. James doesn't belong to The Planet again until Sunday morning :) Yay! There are still lots of other things he needs to get done, but at least he can do them here at home and we can lay our eyes upon him and spend time in between with him! He is in the process of composing a song for his orchestra that meets on Saturday mornings. We both used to play in it when we were young, then eventually he started conducting. When he got a computer job back in 2006 he stopped for awhile, but last year (Sept.) it started up again. It was pretty small (9people?) and in just one year it has grown to, I think 18 people! He is so excited. God is good! Anyways, it's pretty varied skill wise, so finding things to play can be difficult....that's where his ability to compose comes in handy :) But it is time consuming :)
well, he is back with our take out chinese and soft drinks, so I'm going to sign off!
Much love to you all!
My little Nicolas is a REAL crawler now! SO CUTE! He was crawling all over the deck yesterday. It was the most lovely weather, and all three of us were having a wonderful time outside...We got to go on a DATE last weekend! It has been SOOOOOO long since we went on a date. It was so wonderful! I kept feeling like I did on our honeymoon! I love it when all of a sudden memories and feelings of the past come rushing back, and it's almost like I'm there, living it all again. Not that the present isn't good, too - it's all important and part of who we are and where God has us now.
Been thinking about my life with these two. They take up my every waking moment. They are so much my LIFE, if you know what I mean.....sometimes I just look at them and my heart overflows with love, amazement and thankfulness to God.
There are moments that are so wonderful, and there are moments that are so terrible! I always want to tell someone about them, and have them understand exactly what I mean....Some things just can't be conveyed in writing or words! Either way though, I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are worth any sacrifice, for they bring SO MUCH JOY to our lives. What did we do before they were born? (oh yeah, sleep 'till 11 am....I remember now! :) :) ) Hehe.Tonight our "weekend" begins. James doesn't belong to The Planet again until Sunday morning :) Yay! There are still lots of other things he needs to get done, but at least he can do them here at home and we can lay our eyes upon him and spend time in between with him! He is in the process of composing a song for his orchestra that meets on Saturday mornings. We both used to play in it when we were young, then eventually he started conducting. When he got a computer job back in 2006 he stopped for awhile, but last year (Sept.) it started up again. It was pretty small (9people?) and in just one year it has grown to, I think 18 people! He is so excited. God is good! Anyways, it's pretty varied skill wise, so finding things to play can be difficult....that's where his ability to compose comes in handy :) But it is time consuming :)
well, he is back with our take out chinese and soft drinks, so I'm going to sign off!
Much love to you all!
2 comments:
Loved reading the update, Hope! That was so cute what Patrick told you!
Hey, I understand, Internet security...that's why I tried to get my last name outta everything (still working on it) not post about where I live and not say things about if I'm leaving etc until I'm back or in vague ways...you can't be too careful!
Great post!
Post a Comment