December 07, 2009

My Baby is 4!

Tomorrow is the day of my baby boy's birthday! 4 years have passed since that cold, early morning when he made his amazing and much anticipated entrance into this world! Our sweet little guy, it was not the easiest of entrances, but from the beginning he was determined and brave!
Look at that sweet little face!Little long fingers, just like his Daddy!...and speaking of Daddy - these two have had a special bond since the beginning!How we loved that little tiny bundle of ours! It was so fun to hold him and kiss him and sing to him!All too soon he grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger!I thought having a baby was so fun! All the things I dreamed about for so many years I was now doing! Dressing and bathing my own little doll baby, and best of all, getting to take him to WalMart and plop him in the front of a shopping cart and push him around :)
Having this little person in our lives has been such a blessing from God!Patrick has always had a somber side!...and has always been full of so much joy, too!Family fun at the park....One day little blond curls sprouted on his head! Oh what delight! I used to comb them just so in order to enhance them to the fullest :)Patrick would always make these adorable "O" faces! He would also gasp when he was excited about something!Patrick has always been very affectionate....and also quite the binky boy! He LOVED his binky! He used to call it "Mahhh!"Sweet cuddles with my boy. I so enjoyed all the years we had, just the two of us! A special gift from God!
Is there ever anything as sweet as looking at your babies sleep?! I don't think so! On his 3rd Birthday! I was so sad to see him bid farewell to the age 2! But 3 has been a blast!A Baby Brother for Patrick! We were so very excited that God had given Patrick a little sibling and friend! And indeed they are friends. I just love watching them play together and love each other!My sweet, sweet Patrick. I love you so so much. I am amazed that it has been four years since you came into my life. You made my world so much better by being in it! I loved your babyhood. I cherished many moments with you. I gazed upon your sleeping face. I am so excited to watch you grow up! You have grown and changed so much already in this last year. You are learning more and more each day. I pray for you that you will have a soft heart towards God...that you will know Him, love Him and obey Him. He loves you so very, very much, and has great plans for you!
I hope you grow up to live out the meaning of you name. Already I think you are quite the noble little guy :) May you one day also be a servant of Christ!
Thank you for being you. You are my dream come true, and I'm so glad God made you!
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, PATRICK GHILCRIST GALLAGHER!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What sweet memories, Hope! It's hard to believe how much he's changed in just four short years. We were all surprised at how grown up he was when we talked last night! He talked just like a "big boy"! We loved it when he said "I want to come visit you because I've never seen your farm." :) We want to see you all soooo much....

Unknown said...

So sweet, Hope! :)