September 13, 2009

Long Time No Blog! :)

I haven 't blogged here in awhile! As always I do have more current posts on www.live-with-patrick.blogspot.com if you are interested!

Since my last post we have moved! Our landlord got foreclosed on, so we had to move. We love our "new" house, and are grateful to God for giving it to us. We will Lord willing be here for 3 years. We were weary of packing up and moving every year to year and a half or so!
Our new house is in a nice little older neighborhood, only 20 min. from our old house. (we can still shop at our old wal-mart if we want to! :) ) It has three bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen with a spot big enough for a card table in the corner, for when I'm cooking and Patrick is eating or some such thing! It has two bath rooms, a laundry room and a converted garage....and a nice little back yard that is the perfect size for a 3 year old, and a wee one growing up. It even has a little covered porch, which we love!

In news of the boys - they are doing great overall. Currently we've had a bug, so that's no fun. Poor little guys were crying a lot today, and have stuffy noses/runny noses. I had it too, and I know it's no fun!
Patrick is such a little boy! He is such a goof ball, too. Still a cautious child. At story time he never wants to do what everyone else does (unless he really loves whatever they are doing (i.e - has had some exposure to the song or whatever beforehand) He never wants to march around with noise makers, and ever since he was 1 year old he has not wanted to go under the parachute during parachute play! He has to be comfortable with people and whatever is going on in order to participate. He does enjoy story time though. Lately we've been able to go just the two of us since it falls on a day James is off work. That's been quite nice.
He is so affectionate. He cares so much about his baby brother, and loves him so much. He has a soft heart for how people feel. He hates it when people are sad and/or cry. He is quite the older sibling responsible type, too! ;) He is doing great with his piano and memorizing. He also memorizes Cd's we listen to, which is so fun and funny to hear! He will sometimes recite "Angus and the Ducks, by Marjorie Flack" out of the blue....or "Clifford, the big red dog, by Norman Bridwell!" He is into making faces lately. Hilarious ones. He uses extreme big hand motions. He is so boyish - yet so un-boyish, too! He is a lot like his Daddy. But I'm seeing a lot of me, too. He is figuring out more and more how to talk like "real" people. He listens so closely to what we say. We were talking one day about something gross, and then he exclaimed with gusto "That's GROSS DADDY!" sooo funny!

Nicolas has been army crawling for about a month now, and will get up on all fours and rock back and forth, even taking one or two crawls usually (the other day he took several in a row!)
He is babbling, imitating, and quite the personality, fun loving little joker! He will bat at James on purpose to get his attention, or make noises to attract Patrick's attention. He laughs at funny faces we make, as if he gets the complicated joke! He has strong opinions and likes/dislikes, and can make them very known, if you get my point :) He LOVES water. He can sit up/get down from a sitting position as well as pulling himself up now. Pulling up on EVERYTHING, as of about 2 or 3 days ago. He loves to go get all the things he isn't supposed to. The Cd's, the cords, etc.
He still isn't sleeping through the night. Since our move things have gone downhill, however they have improved recently somewhat. Last night he got up about every 3 hours. I am really feeling exhausted and worn out.
He has dark eyes, and people are commenting more and more telling me how he looks "just like you!" He has a very unique hairline. In the back it has a little "curl" (place where you should part) on BOTH sides of his head! In the front he has a cowlick on BOTH sides of his forehead! (although not perfectly centered down in the middle!) I don't know what I shall do with his adorable hair! :) A friend recently shared with me that there is nothing you can do with such hairlines :) His brother has hair like that, so I guess he knows!
Nicolas is full of life and sparkle and seems to want to go get everything. He thrives on being with the people he loves. He squeals with delight, and "talks" loud about everything he may notice, even if it's something quite "mundane" to us. He is a joy! I am sad thinking he is so big already. Only four months until he is one. It has gone so fast! But, as I read recently "Don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened!" (Dr. Seuss)

And I shall leave you with Patrick sayings. I do write down things about Nicolas, too :) But it's more a journal of his first year.....just so you know I'm jotting down memories about both, lol! :)
---------------------------------------
Patrick Sayings:
"God, thank You for my peanuts. Only my peanuts. Amen"

Yesterday I read to Patrick about Adam and Eve disobeying God. He was very worried about them doing that. He looked most distraught and said "but did they obey???!"

Today he asked me "Mommy, where are Adam and Eve?" I told him in Heaven. "Why?" Because they lived a long time ago and now they live in Heaven (trying to avoid the subject of dying since it upsets him)
He then asked if there were houses in heaven, so we talked about the mansions God is preparing. I told him God was making one for me for when I go there one day. He replied "I don't want you to die." Later he said "When you die Daddy and I will buy a new Mommy." He also said "When you go to Heaven I hope you will come back to our house." "I hope you will come down from Heaven."

Turning his little lamp off (new thing he learned to do 8/09) has huge grin, throws up hands dramatically, saying in sing-song voice "nobody can see my light anymore!" Climbs in bed, continues in same way acting/saying "because I'm going to bed." "Goodbye" cuddles in under quilt.
Love my little silly boy!

are we gonna have another wedding?
no, mommy and daddy aren't going to get married again, but we're going to watch the video.
"was I there?"
No, you weren't born yet.
"was I in your tummy"
No.
Where were I?

"Wait a minute. I think I hear a sound outside." ME: yeah. Maybe it's rain. P: "I think it's God"

Wakes up in the morning. all groggy and cuddly. then asks "Is my baby sister out of your tummy yet?" Also says he wants a big sister :)

I think our baby is tellin' us somethin'

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think Nicolas' hair is adorable the way it is!

Rebecca said...

I love the update on your family!

Deborah said...

Hey, Hope! I just tried to click the link on the top of your page to go to your boy's site and it didn't work. The link says "liVe instead of liFe"

We miss y'all! And we love reading about the boys!