Tomorrow is July 3rd. Tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of our Wedding Day. I cannot believe it!
Five years ago tomorrow, I woke up for the last time in my white bed and pink girly quilt. I think I said a quick prayer, and walked out into the still dark living room...through the dinning room and into the kitchen where my mother was already stirring about. It was a strange morning. I was so scared and nervous.

I took a shower and dressed. Things kicked into gear quickly. My fiancee...the man who was about to become my husband arrived and popped his darling little head into the house. I can still recall his face. He had a sparkle in his eyes and a hop in his steps. He looked so happy and excited...and this made me feel that way, too. Even then I felt a sense of calmness and peace when he was near.
Together we rode in his red Geo through the sleepy little streets of Greenville. It was a foggy, cloudy morning.....not the type you'd dream about for your wedding day...but come what may, it WAS our wedding day. OUR WEDDING DAY! Yikes. It was too much to take in. I felt sick one moment and hopeful and excited the next.


We arrived at the church and parted ways. The next time we would meet would be when I walked down the aisle to join my life with his.
It was a special morning of preparing with dear friends. In a seemingly short time the hour had come. I could hear the strings playing sweetly through the wall. Guests were filling the pews....the moment was here! I was getting married! and then it came. My James picked up his violin and played. and played. and played. Finally the doors opened and I walked toward him (James partially jokes that he wondered if I was really going to come down that aisle since he played for what seemed like so long!)

We vowed to each other that day. This day, five years ago. I have changed so much since then. He has changed. We have changed. We have two sweet little people that have come from us as part of our family now. And two precious babies in Heaven, waiting for us.
There have been tears. There has been much laughter. There has been love. Love...such wonderful love. I am so grateful for the gift of James and his love for me.
I am so glad he asked me to marry him. That God brought us together, through such a stormy path. That He took us and made beauty out of our ashes. He is good. He is faithful. I praise Him, and I love my husband so very, very much.
Happy 5 years to my James. The James of Garland Bible, where I first met you 17 years ago. The James of our first years of being in Love. The James of plaid hats and bagpipes and violin....so many, many precious memories. I love you, James!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary, James and Hope!!! Love y'all!
James and Hope, Happy Anniversary!!!
May you have many, many more together!!!
Love you!
~Esther
Post a Comment