July 04, 2009

July 3rd and 4th, 2009

I'm sitting in the Hilton hotel right now next to my dear husband! We have been having a wonderful 5th anniversary, which I hope to blog about in the near future! We spent most of yesterday together going back and forth from fun adventures around town to home to feed Nicolas! It was so fun! After the boys were in bed we headed to Bella Harbor where the Hilton is and walked around looking for dinner. We ate at the most delicious place ever....walked around some more in the moonlight and then came up to our room close to midnight! It's been a very special anniversary.

I gave James a scrapbook with pictures from the past 5 years and reasons why I'm glad I married him. He gave me a beautiful poem he wrote me (below)
Happy Anniversary to my sweet husband! We've been married five years!

Sparkle In Your Eye
by James Gallagher

I picked you 'cause of the sparkle in your eye,
You picked me...well I don't know why.
I saw so much more than a cute, sweet blond,
I saw golden hair, golden heart and a golden bond.
I wanted to write you poems and touch your hair,
You wanted me to kiss you and think you were fair.
We held hands and longed for a happy ever after,
Glances turned to stares and flirting stirred laughter.


You took a chance with me and vowed I do,
I wanted nothing more than to have and hold you.
We lived on love and love again,
You said, "Life is better than it's ever been."
Then came sweet babies, and scrapbooks by the stacks,
Good times and hard times -- like when I got the axe.
Yet you stand by me with that beating heart of gold,
Makes me think there will be nothing bad about growing old.


Five years of bliss is what we want to say,
But we know it's growing together every day
That makes us close and makes us hunger
Yearning for each other like when we were younger.
Knowing all about who we love and why,
And never losing that sparkle in our eye.

http://tinyurl.com/sparkleinyoureye

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...that poem is SO SWEET, Hope! Happy 5th!!! :-) God is so good, isn't He?!!! I'll be celebrating my 7th in September!!

Blessings, Hope!

Rebecca said...

How fun! Thanks for finding me. Apparently I take a month to answer emails - sorry. Can you give me your email address as I'd love to write you? Mine is rebecca.hoekstra@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Katie Johnson said...

Happy 5th anniversary!!! We just celebrated our 5th in June. :) It is a special milestone. We feel like we are more in love than ever after five years, and it looks like you and your hubby are, too. :)

My husband reminded me of your blog when I was telling him that there just aren't that many moms out there that are likeminded and that I can relate to. I just added your blog to my "Favorites", so hopefully I will be checking back more often (though I'm not usually that good about commenting!)!