June 07, 2009

A Day at Our House

About two weeks ago my friend Amy blogged about a week at her house. It was such fun to read, and I've decided to do it too! I think I may do one day a week for 7 weeks...or maybe I'll do a full week this week. I haven't decided for sure yet...but anyways, here is today!....

Sunday June 7th, 2009

My Sunday began with Nicolas getting up to eat sometime around 12am? Not sure. I just remember taking him back to his room and trying to get him to go to sleep, sometime around 12:30. He was upset for some reason....so I ended up bringing him back to our bed to eat a little more. Soon he was calm, happy and sleeping, so I took him back to his bed.

I can't remember for sure, but he may have eaten one more time, possibly around 4. Anyhoo, around 5:15 James got up to get ready for work. Close to 6 he came and told me goodbye. I went back to sleep, but heard the boys "stirring about" around 6:20. I ignored them :) and went back to sleep. About 6:40 I woke up and heard book pages turning and little N fussing more, so I got up. Patrick was sitting on his bed looking at a book, so I told him it was still too early, and to lay down and look at his book. I then closed his door and got Nicolas, bringing him back to our bed to eat.

at 6:58 I called to Patrick, telling him he could get up. He came in and said "where's Nicowas?" :)

Soon after that he said what he says pretty much every morning: "Can I have a snack?"

So I got up and opened the baby-gate we put up in the hall at night. P ran off to get his snack (He hoped it could be Doritos, but I said no :) )

From about 7:00 - 8:25ish

Made beds, checked out internet :) Had breakfast (Cereal for both, and a smoothie for P)

Had Bible time, dressed the boys, looked for some clothes for me, did some laundry in order to have some clothes :) took another quick peak at the internet, did the dishes.
Patrick was playing with his Bronco truck, and later his trains.


about 8:20ish I swaddled Nicolas, put on his fan and music and laid him down in his crib. He soon went to sleep and I went to take a shower about 8:35. After that I got ready as much as I could, put my blouse etc. in the dryer, cleaned out the diaper bag and did a little train track-ing with Patrick.

At 9:12 I got my clothes out of the dryer. My undershirt was still about half wet, but I went ahead and wore it :) Then I got Nicolas out of bed (he was awake) and we loaded up in the car and left for Church


From about 9:40 to near 1:00 we were at Church. Things went really well today. Sometimes it is hard w/o James. Nicolas is at a more noisy age, so it's harder managing him during the service. We had a nice Sunday school time. (I go in with Patrick) Nicolas ate during that time, and I got to chat with a friend which was nice!

Around 10:45, right when communion was about to start, I took the boys out of church, to put N down in a crib for his nap. P and I stayed in there till he was asleep, then headed back to the service. About 11:45 I heard N crying, (through the vent!) so P and I went out to get him. Church was almost over, so we waited in the "cry room" until they were about to sing, then we went in for the very end.

After Church we visited some, P played outside, chatted with family, then headed home for lunch.


1:00 - 2:00 Made lunch, (Grilled cheese and jello for me, Small beef burgers, blueberries, pear and peanuts for P) cut my finger on the cheese slicer, ate, fed N, chatted James a little online, dealt with several crying bouts from P about his water being cold and his blueberries falling on him, not wanting to eat them etc. :) :) ) and cleaned up lunch.

Then I cleaned up Patrick the blueberry mess :) read him one short book and told him to GO TO SLEEP :) (he likes "Play Naps" better, but he NEEDS to sleep!) then went and put N to bed. Then I came to work on this.

It's now 2:39 and N is asleep. I'll go check on both boys and then take a little nap (or maybe long, if the boys let me!) myself!

-------------
Back at a little after 9 pm now. I woke up from my nap about somewhere in the 3 o' clock hour. I felt terrible! So much for naps making you feel better, eh?! I went to check on Patrick, who was laying on his bed with his eyes shut and no blanket. Ugh. I don't think he slept at all, which frustrates me. Nicolas was awake, so I got them both up. We got a "snack" of ginger ale :) then I put a movie on for Patrick to watch while I fed Nicolas. While nursing I was looking online some, and eating peanuts. Suddenly I noticed a bug flying around that looked like it could be a wasp. I HATE wasps and bees etc....always terrified they are going to sting the boys....so I got up and put the boys in Nicolas' room while I killed the bug :)
After the movie I started cleaning the house. Patrick "helped" some with his little broom. Nicolas watched/played for a good while in his bouncy chair, then when he fussed a little I put him to bed.
Patrick got involved with Playmobil and was having a grand old time. I swept/mopped the living room and kitchen, wiped down the counters/stove, fridge and microwave, did some tidying in the laundry room, switched out the laundry and vacuumed. I also started meat cooking for dinner.
When I was done vacuuming around 6 I got N up from his nap, got Patrick's food together and sat down at the table for the boys dinner. I nursed N and looked online, as well as showing Patrick some You-tubes :) He didn't have much of an appetite, but that may be because he didn't like some of his dinner...who knows. He had more beef burgers, blue corn chips, green beans and peas. I snacked on bread, but was going to eat when James got home.
When N was done eating I worked some more on dinner for us (Taco Salad) Then hurried to get the boy's a bath before 7:30ish. James gets home around that time, and Patrick loves to "watch" for him!
Gave the boys a quick bath, put lotion and PJ's on and went outside to wait for James.
James got home around 7:35 and we headed quickly in, due to the nasty mosquitoes etc.!
I hadn't practiced piano with Patrick yet, so I asked him if he wanted to practice then. He said YES and could Daddy practice with him....so he and James did piano till about 8:15 at which point James put him to bed. He sang some "sleepy" songs to him and rubbed his back. I think it is so sweet when he does that! While J & P had been doing all that I had attempted to feed a tired N a little and put him to bed (7:58) then looked online, then got dinner together. At some point Nicolas woke up (he has been doing that the last few nights....going to sleep then waking up soon afterwards...) It ended up being a struggle to get him to go back to sleep, but close to 9 he finally did. James and I had a little time eating at the table in between all that, and looking at some graduation invites we got today, as well as talking about P's piano.
Now it's 9:20 and I've been sitting here on my 'puter for a good while (J was the one who finally got N to go to sleep!)
We are supposed to go to bed at 9:15, (not that we always do!) so I better scoot. Goodnight all!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I enjoyed reading about your day! Wish I could see you all!

Unknown said...

Hi Hope! I am so excited to read about your day! WHEW! You made me tired just reading it...hahaha! Isn't it amazing what us moms do in a day!?

Thanks for sharing!