Patrick, you are 3 1/2 now. Where did those years go? You were just a baby! I remember riding in the pathfinder with you, when you were about 8 months old. You were in your car seat, just staring into my eyes. I stared right back, even though I should have been looking at the road. Your face lit up with delight at your mother....and my face mirrored yours, only in delight of you, my child. My firstborn child. You made such happiness well up in my soul that I could hardly hold it all in. 
You are growing bigger each and every day. Your face is taking on a more boyish look....you talk away, using a vocabulary just like Mommy and Daddy, You listen to everything that is said. You have a tender and compassionate heart. You are near moved to tears when someone is hurt or sad. You are opinionated and smart. You work hard. I am very, very proud of you.
At night right now you prefer Mommy to put you to bed. This is just a phase of course, but I love it! You were so delighted tonight when I said that after I put Nicolas to bed I would put you to bed, too. I know you need your Mama's care....it's a special part only I can play in your life.
I cover you with your quilt and you snuggle in to Mr. Teddy Bear. Always laying on your tummy putting him on your left by your head. I pray for you and about you.
Then you say "Mommy, can you sing me a song?" and, even if it's past your bedtime I'm often inclined to say "yes."
These days will not last long. So I ask you what you'd like me to sing, and sometimes you say "Name above all names." Other times it's "Sleep my little one"....but always a "sleepy" or "night night" song. While I sing I rub your back and stroke your face and soft yellow hair. 
I am reminded how quickly time passes, and that all too soon you will be a man. No longer will I be able to sit on the side of your toddler bed and tend to you in this way.
Some day when you are a big strong man, I want you to be able to read this, and know how much your Mommy loved you. I love you with all my heart, and my love will always be there for you, no matter what you do. I love you so much, my little P Pat Pat. Thank you for filling my days and nights with such meaning and truth. You have a special place in my heart.
With Love,
Mommy
Mommy
2 comments:
What gorgeous photos, Hope! Great job!
And you're a very special boy to a lot of other folks, too! I love you tons, Paddy!!!
Post a Comment