May 26, 2009

A lot of Rambling from Me :)

First, I want to thank everyone for sharing about how they get their babies to sleep! I enjoyed hearing from everyone. During the time I posted, Nicolas was not feeling well and poor thing was NOT sleeping well. Once he got to feeling better he still was up more than I'd like in the night, (haha--like any of us LIKE getting up at all in the night!) but at least he was sleeping longer stretches than when he was sick.
He actually is a good napper,(usually!) it's just he was getting up a few times during the night, and sometimes I had a hard time with that. But I didn't want to let him cry it out. So, I just needed to accept how it was going to be :)
Since then, some things have changed! The last two or so nights he has slept until sometime in the 3 o' clock hour which is GREAT! and last night he even went back to sleep until 6 something (and I left him in his crib until a bit after 7! ;) ) Which meant we only had to get up ONCE in the night! Praise the Lord! :) I am so happy, and really hoping it lasts!
I think one thing that has helped is up-ing the amount of water I drink....perhaps before he wasn't getting enough milk, and thus needed to be eating more? Who knows. But again - THANK YOU for sharing!

Last week I got a moby-type baby wrap! I am so excited about this. I know baby-wearing is quite the rage ;) so of course I wanted to try it out, too! :)
I have a Baby Bjorn and have tried various slings, too. Ring slings were never very comfortable for me, and I've heard about issues with the Bjorn on the way they carry the baby (hanging from the crotch...not good for their spine or something like that) So I'm wondering what the scoop is on Moby's.....if they are supposedly "good" for the baby's body....obviously being held so close is good for the wee one! (and nice for Mama as well- not to mention helpful when two hands are needed!) Nicolas has rode about in it several times already (The park a little, home, a date with James, the arboretum, the library, walmart! Yes, I've been so excited to try it out! And Nicolas sleeps well in it which is SO nice!)
It seems to draw a lot of attention....at the arboretum some guy and his wife were talking about it...she was explaining how it wrapped to him (apparently she has one...) and then he was like "well, she can show us how to do it right here!" to which she replied something to the effect of "I know how to do it! I couldn't get (the baby) IN!" :)
One funny thing is that I've had two people mention that they didn't even know I had a baby in there....which I find rather funny, because If I didn't have a BIG baby in there (he was 15 lbs at his last dr. visit!) then I must look REALLY fat or VERY pregnant! lol!

Speaking of going places, yesterday I went shopping with the boys. Seriously. Sometimes when I'm out and about with them I feel like I'm in an insane asylum!
Yesterday was really bad. The bank and Kroger went off well, but on our way from Chick-fil-a drive through to Wally's, the pandemonium began. Nicolas was tired and wailing. Then Patrick dropped his fries and began to wail, too. I offered him mine, but decided to cool them off in front of the air vent first, seeing as I think he dropped them in the first place because they were hot. After we arrived at Walmart I got both boys out and we all came up in the front to eat. I realized quickly that it was going to be hard for me to feed Nicolas and eat at the same time (in the car, without my boppy.....I really need two arms!) but I didn't want to take the time to do both separately, so I attempted it. BAD IDEA. Nicolas kept popping off and fussing while I tried to grab my sandwich, bite it, set it back down and go back to feeding Nicolas *really* quickly....finally we all had enough food in our tummies to last us, and we set off for our second shopping trip of the day. Nicolas was fussing because he was tired, and I was nervous because I was sure people would look at him and think "no wonder he's crying - all squished in that wrap!" :) lol :) (we both actually like it, but you know how it is when baby is tired!) SO I wondered around just trying to get him to sleep for a bit. Finally he conked, so I was able to focus on my list! Oh my, I can't even remember if anything else crazy happened....but just maneuvering through there, monitoring talkative little Patrick, trying to think about what I'm buying etc. is just nuts. Then putting everyone back in the car is really hard, because a tarp is over Patrick's door (due to the window being broken) and it's can't be opened. I have to crawl IN the car to buckle P, but N can't be in already because if he is then P and I can't get in/move about. If I leave N by the side of the car I worry about him, so James suggested I set him in the front seat first....which adds another "step" to the whole process! Whew! It's quite the workout! :)

The boys are doing well. They are such fun! I love them to bits. Nicolas is growing up SO fast. He is rolling over more now.....grabbing his toes and eating them....laughing at his big brother. He has the best grin and is quite the dramatic child! He could also be described as a squealer. When he laughs he squeals! He makes adorable little "talking" sounds......He is a good, sweet baby and we all three adore him! He is a happy, happy little guy!
Patrick talks away now....and listens listens listens to everything everyone says! He is doing well with his piano. We are so excited! He is working on "Mary had a little lamb" now, and just played the whole song through for his Poppie today! He is also working on memorizing Psalm 1. It's so amazing to hear him quote it!
He loves doing "Family Band" where we play music and sing etc.....but his FAVORITE thing to do during that time is "dance" !!! I am working on a list of more "Patrick sayings" that I hope to post soon. He says the funniest things!
Just recently he started talking during Sunday school. It's fun to watch him interact.
His favorite toys are cars, I think. He has so many different kinds of cars, but he loves them ALL. His favorite thing to do is PLAY. This morning soon after waking up he said "Mommy, can we PLAY?!" He also still asks "WHY?" constantly.

Well, I'm tired. It's been a busy "week". James is off work for the week now. It's a four day weekend-week (he has three day one and four day ones after working 3 or 4 12 hour days)
I think we are going to eat some ice cream and watch a movie. Tootles!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great update, Hope! So neat to hear about your day...say, I TOTALLY understand about shopping trips! That's why I don't shop anymore...heehee! JK! I usually shop alone, or with only 1 or 2 kids, or with hubby...rarely just by myself with the kids. I mean, I can do it, but it can be a recipe for trouble, that's for sure! ;) I LOVE Moby wraps...sometimes I don't do it quite right, like today, and they sag a bit! I am getting another kind of sling soon...saving up my shekels! ;) I love slings way more than baby carriers as they always hurt my back and arms! So slings are all the rage, huh?! HEEHEE!

Loved having your mom here! She is a gem! (and J, R, K, & D too! :D)

Lots of love,
Amy

Busted said...

Hi, I received your comment on my blog about getting access when I go private. If you could email me (address in my profile) I can tell you how to get access. Thanks!