December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

I can hardly believe the year is nearly over. Indeed, just a little over one hour left of 2008! I know everyone says it every year, but this really has seemed to be the fastest year yet! I can so vividly remember December 31st, 2007 - and the days following it.
Last year on this day so much was different! We were still in the apartment, Patrick still used a pacifier, and I was pregnant with our 3rd baby (would have been our 2nd child) but didn't know it yet. I'd find out on Jan. 5th.

This year, I sit in our little brown house, just a few days shy of 40 weeks pregnant with our 4th/2nd child. Patrick has grown by leaps and bounds, and not just in the area of giving up the pacifier! He has made a huge jump from "baby" to "boy"with the biggest change being his talking. He has entered into a whole 'nother realm in this area, and it is so fun.

This year seemed to be full of lots of little things - little things that took up a lot of my time, yet AT the time seemed to go by so slowly....but look where they have led! Another whole year gone by. We are all another year older, and hopefully a little wiser, too :)

Along with all those little things in my daily life, some BIG things happened in our "together" life (meaning, they happened more to James, but I AM a part of it, of course! :) )
We moved for one thing, Patrick's allergy situation is improving lots, we got a second car, we are about to have another BABY!, James switched jobs, James got to play the Biber w/ Dallas Bach (and got a GREAT review from a difficult reviewer!) and today, my dear, sweet, hard-working hubby past his CISCO test. He is now a CCNA! What a way to send out the old year. He studied SO much for this. It's a VERY hard test to pass, and I am SO proud of him - and grateful to God.

A few nights ago, amidst his mad studying, James took me out on a little before baby final fling :) Well, maybe not a fling, but a very nice date to Olive Garden :) It was a very sweet time together. Talking about the past and the present and the future.
It's amazing to think back to where we have been, and to see where we are now. God has brought us through so much - and I know we have a very full year of new things ahead of us, namely with adding little Nicolas to our family of three!...and it's going to be a wonderful year!
James asked me then what my goals for 2009 were. It seems like I had more that I said then, but after all, it's almost midnight, and this is all I can remember -and it surely seems like enough, anyways!

Figure out how to raise two children
Lose some weight
Relationship with God
So, goodbye 2008. You were a good year. A special year for me and my two boys. I look forward to adding to the happiness this year with a third little guy around the house in 2009!

Happy New Year, and God Bless!

No comments: