Life is moving right along!
Last baby appointment went well. Dinah said my weight gain was "perfect." I don't know how much I've gained, though. My scale here at home lies to me big time ;) and I was using it for my pre-pregnancy weight. I actually can't remember exactly how much it even said I weighed, pre-pregnancy. It bugs me not to be able to know exactly where I was starting from.
Anyhoo, like I said, I don't know how much I've gained. Dinah decided to weigh me "backwards" and I was happy to do so :) I didn't want to know how much I gained. She can tell me if it's good or bad and I can be in ignorance to exactly how fat I'm getting :) lol.
Nicolas appears to be doing well. He is definitely growing, that I know - since my belly has seemed to expand greatly of late!
He was laying kind of at an angle/sideways last appointment, with his head up around my ribs on my right side, and his little bottom and feet down in my lower tummy.
He kicks A LOT. Sometimes I wonder if he will sleep much after he's born! He seems to be moving around often in there :) Really though, it's mostly when I'm sitting still or lying down, which makes sense.
James was able to feel and see him move on the 6th and 7th! So fun. He was amazed at how active he was being! It's so strange and neat to see my tummy move around! funny funny.
I was able to buy the new crib set last weekend! I'm still waiting to get a mattress (Patrick's toddler bed uses our old crib mattress) but I went ahead and put the bumpers etc. on. It is looking very cute, and makes me excited and nervous all at the same time!
I am anxious for Nicolas to arrive, and VERY excited to have another baby, yet at the same time I think about how hard it will be to be sleep deprived again - and that I'm not really looking forward to!
I worry too, about how it will be with two children.....how I'll feel about loving them both....will I be able to enjoy having a sweet new baby to the fullest, without worrying my head off about how Patrick is feeling.....and whether Nicolas will wake Patrick up in the night crying! I was joking the other night with James, telling him how when Nicolas is here and wailing in the night we'll stumble into his room, trip over Patrick's tricycle and end up with two children wailing!!
Silly me!
Oh well - I do know that it really is a short time and sacrifice, even if it SEEMS to be a long time ;) and I'm really hoping we get an amazing sleeper in Nicolas, too :) but, James reminded me that no matter how amazing of a sleeper he is, little babies just need to eat often. Dear James is so matter of fact and fine with these big life changes :) I of course freak out, but he is mr. calm, cool and collected. It was that way with Patrick too - from before he was born to afterwards.
Also, my sweet uncle reminded me that I can think and plan ahead, but God only gives grace for situations when IN them - moment by moment. That's a good reminder!
Well, my little boy is calling out "pee-pee" (he just woke up! He slept in today!)
so I better scoot!
Good day to you all!
October 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! I'm so glad your boy will have a brother. :)
I had many of the same misgivings when I was pregnant with #2; God just makes it right--but not until it's time. I'm so happy for you.
I surfed over from Aunt Isabel's site to find that your husband played for your local Bach collegium last year? I'm in the Bach choir here locally! We just had a concert today, with another scheduled for tomorrow. I'm so happy to find someone else who appreciates the beauty of Early Music...you just don't know.
Post a Comment