August 12, 2008

It's A Boy! (The story of our big day!)

It was an exciting and big day for us! It all started last week at my midwife appointment, when Dinah said we could go in for a sono sooner than I'd expected.
The hospital was supposed to call us, and maybe they did, but I didn't know about it if they did. So, when Monday came around (the day we were hopefully going to be getting the sono) I called Dinah's, who faxed stuff over to Dr. Wiess', who called me - and set up the sono for the next day (Tuesday) at 8:30 am.
I was sad to have to wait another day, but at least it gave me something to look forward to :)

Monday evening I realized that I'd lost the info for finding the Doctor's office. I knew it was at Medical City (I was born at Medical City, btw, so I thought that was kind of neat :) ) but I didn't know the Doctor's name, the suite or anything.
I found the phone # online, and gave them a call.
First I hung up on the lady, then called back. I had quite the story.
"Hi, I have a sonogram tomorrow, and I don't know where it is, or the name of the doctor."
At one point the lady asked me "what I was having" and all my pregnant brain could link to was what gender baby I was having. James really liked teasing me about that one.
In reality, of course, she meant, what kind of test/sono was I having.

My dear husband came to my rescue and got the info - and wrote it on paper.
The way I lost the info was by writing it in my little Google window of my computer screen....and leaving it there all day....except it didn't stay there, lol :)

So, today dawned, bright and er....cloudy. But even without the sun shining, it was a wonderful day!
I was really wanting the baby to be a boy, even though I'd gone back and forth at various times. Yet I thought it surely must be a girl.

We arrived at Medical city, found our place, filled out paperwork, and then made our way to a little room. James and Patrick got to sit beside me, and we all waited to see our little baby up on the big screen!

Soon Dr. Wiess came in and the fun began! It was our first sonogram to see (other than the sonos for miscarriages :( ) and it was so neat! There was our baby - moving it's arms about!
The Dr. went about his business, pointing out brains and arms etc. and measuring everything.
At one point something popped up on the screen, and I thought "boy" - then I watched as the Dr. scrolled down and clicked on "I'm A Boy" - pointing to the proof :) It was very evident!
I later found out James had noticed before the Dr. pointed it out, too!
I guess we don't have modest or shy babies!
Patrick didn't have a sono before he was born, but I think he tended to like sprawling about, too. After he was born, we have a picture of him sprawled out, unlike other newborns who love to crunch up in a little ball :)

When the Dr. put up that little title saying "I'm A Boy!" James and I both laughed and or went "aww!!" and we looked at each other, smiling!
It was such an amazing moment. And so unreal. I could hardly believe we were really having another boy! How exciting - how could it be exactly like I wanted?!
For years I imagined myself having little boys first, before girls. It's like my dreams coming true. God cares about dreams, too!
I love boys. I love it that James has two sons, and I now have three boys. I'm surrounded, and I love it!

After we knew it was a boy, I talked to Patrick about the sonogram, and the baby's picture on the screen. I told him "that's your little brother!"

Baby boy was laying face down at the end of the sono (being shy after all :) ) and the Dr. tried to shake him up a bit so we could see his profile....but he liked where he was!
It was so neat to see his little head, arms, spine etc.! And really amazing to see him move! What a miracle each and every child is!
James said the ultrasound made him think about our little babies we lost - and how they really were people etc.
It's so true. They were little humans, just like our baby now, and Patrick. Had things been different, they would have grown to look like what we saw today. It makes you think.
But God had other plans. Thankfully He knows what is best for us. It may not always make sense, but it is the best for us.

We are so glad that everything looked normal with our little boy! What a relief. After losing Jamie and Jaide, I was nervous.

The Dr. printed off a picture for us, and we were on our way!

Thank you God for my sons!!!

and.....It's a boy! IT'S A BOY!!!! It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: