Today was a busy day! First James took my parents to the airport about 5 am. We had both kind of forgot that he was supposed to do that, until the phone rang about 5.
It was interesting, because I don't often like to get up in the night, but I happened to wake up and decide to go to the bathroom, as well as check on Patrick (it was close to 5 at this point)
Patrick's door was open, and one side of his "keep-from-falling-out-of-bed" pillow was off the bed. I fixed the pillow, then covered him up. He then turned over and kind of opened his eyes and said "Blue, a-go?" which being interpreted means (i think, anyways) "Where is my blue blanket?"
His "blue" blanket is his very special blankie that his Aunt Rebekah made him. It is his favorite blanket, and the one he prefers to be covered with. So I covered him up with it, and told him night-night. Thankfully I didn't hear another peep out of him until a more decent hour.
But James had to get up soon thereafter and drive to the airport. (we are grateful to my parents for letting us borrow their car while they are gone, so it was no bother to do that!) When he got back about 7:00, we slept in longer than we should, when then made us rush about, and end up late to our midwife appointment
The appointment went well! We heard the heartbeat again! It was in the 150s and 160s last month, and I think she said the 140s this time. I measured 19 weeks.
If all works out with scheduling, we will go in for the sonogram on MONDAY! YAY! sooner than I had thought, but I'm so glad! I wanted to go as soon as we could. So, there are less days to vote up their on that pole than it says...I'll see if I can edit it to be correct. :)
After that we looked for rent houses in Richardson and Plano. We joke while driving around about houses not being junky enough for us, or that we just need to look for a junky neighborhood. heh. It seems most of the "nice" houses are out of our price range. oh well. It's not all about houses, and maybe someday we can get one that isn't so junky/in a junky neighborhood. Not that it really matters though!!!
Then we had lunch at Taco Bell. After that we headed to Frisco, where we got to see James' new work place. Then we had an appointment at an oral surgeon's also located in Frisco. Unfortunately we had a difficult time finding the place, and were rather late. Thankfully it worked out!
I've been having some bad pain, which appears to be from my teeth. I still have all four wisdom teeth in, and one has come through. I also have a never-finished root canal which fell apart, leaving a piece of tooth and roots. Both teeth are messed up, and need to come out. The Lord was so good to us! The dentist is going to remove them a week from today. I cannot be put all the way out, due to being pregnant. Of course it would be ideal to get all taken out at once, but the dentist didn't wish such a thing upon me (having my bottom, still impacted wisdom teeth being taken out w/o being put under while being pregnant.) so we shall wait, and hope these teeth being removed takes away the pain. A nice benefit is that only having two teeth removed is much cheaper than having four!
I also would ask you to pray for a family we know. We used to teach violin to some of their children. Well, about a week and a half ago, their oldest daughter became sick. She ended up in the ICU, and just yesterday she went to be with the Lord. She was only 20 years old. I cannot imagine what a shock and grief this must be to them. To lose your child, so young, and to lose your sibling.....The Lord used her home-going to show me areas in my life that need change. If I died today, would I be ready to meet my Savior? Am I living every day for Him? Do I cherish the moments I have with my loved ones?
So often I get side-tracked, and my focus is all wrong. Life is really and only about Him.
As always, check out Patrick's blog for pics! :) www.life-with-patrick.blogspot.com
August 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If only our house was ready to sell or be rented...but at the moment it's not fit to live in...wait, so what are we doing living in it? :P I know what you mean about the not so great houses in the not so great neighborhoods. We aren't in the worst place, but it could be so much better somewhere else. Praying you can find a nice house in you price range, and that baby will cooperate for the sono.
I voted "boy" in the poll a few days ago, but last night I dreamed that you found out that you were having a girl! So now I'm not sure what I think you're having!
Can't wait to hear what you find out Monday! :) We are SO excited and grateful to the Lord that you and Baby are doing well.
Lots of love to you all!
I voted girl, but I've been known to be wrong. :)
Post a Comment