Here I sit on the third rainy day at home in a row. :)
The dishwasher is full of clean dishes, the sink is waiting with dirty ones. the vacuum is standing where I left it in the hallway, waiting for me to finish up that chore.
Patrick's rest time will be up in about half an hour. I really should take a nap. or go start dinner, or get ready for the doctor's appointment. or go spend time with the Lord. That would be the best idea of all.
The last two nights I've dreamed baby related things. The first night it was a mix up of all kinds of issues from my life - a baby in the hospital, us wanting to take him home. A new mother whose blog I read, but don't really know being in the hospital w/ me. Our baby having a fever, and possibly being ill. talking to someone from Church. A bunch of jumbled up things all mixed into one. Not really very fun.
On a funnier night-related note, I married a very "jumpy" guy. He gets very easily startled at night, and really freaks out about stuff. The past two nights he has gotten up to use the restroom. Both nights I've gotten up to use it after him. However, instead of waiting until he gets back in bed, I climb out before, since my side is blocked, and I'd have to drag my 5 month pregnant self over him once he'd returned. The first night I waited out in the hallway, and he freaked out upon seeing me. The second night I stood there, and said something to him - and he STILL freaked out! I dislike such a simple thing as a trip to the bathroom resulting in a freaked out husband!! :) Kind of too traumatic for 3:00 in the morning! lol.
So that was how my day started today. Later in the day, I discovered ants crawling all over the living room. I killed them or swept them up, but I've still seen a few running around. I hate ants, even if they aren't the biting kind.
Then after Patrick's bath, I noticed his bite on his leg looking worse. He's been to two doctor's appointments since Monday, related to a re-occurring limp. Nothing can be found wrong with him. He had blood work done on Monday, and we're still waiting to hear back on that. It was the worst experience w/ needles we've had since his first year. He moved during the first attempt, causing them to get 0 amount of blood. When they attempted to take from his second arm he got really upset.
But back to today. I called the doctor, in-case the bite could be what was causing the limp.
The bite is red and hard, about the size of a nickel. The office said we should come in and have it pricked and tested for something (I forget exactly what they said, but it sounded important)
The last thing in the world I wanted to do was take my poor little boy in for more pricking, and the second last thing in the world that I wanted to do, was ask someone for a ride again.
Monday my MIL took me to the doctor's, then my poor tired Dad took us to the lab in the afternoon, on his way home from a wacko shift at work.
I was in tears thinking about having to do all these things (very hard on introverts, I guess :) ) and actually called my MIL twice and hung up before she answered, because I just couldn't bare it all. I could hardly even get a hold of James to ask his opinion about the matter, because he was off on his own for the first time today, trying to fix a really hard problem (on the line with his new boss) I did get to talk to him briefly though.
Finally, when no cars fell out of Heaven into my drive-way, I forced myself to call my MIL.
When she agreed to take me, I called to make an appointment. The office was then closed for lunch. Just a little while ago I talked to them though, and we have a 3:45 appointment.
I have been to so many appointments lately. Midwives, Sonographers, Speech therapists (well, I went there, only to find out the way the doctor wrote the script didn't fit with our insurance coverage!) pediatricians, urgent care, oral surgeons. Whew. It's a marathon! Our insurance ends at the end of the month, so we are trying to squish it all in before then.
I'm kind of discouraged about housing. We can't seem to find a place in a location we'd like. and I can't seem to make up my mind about where is the best location. It seems like if we move one direction, we'll be close to some things, but far away from others.
So right now James travels from Rockwall to Frisco (53 min. technically, although sometimes he makes better time.)
His new job is a different shift, so putting those two things together equal him being gone longer. Ah well, I'm sure it will all work out with time and adjustment :)
I had better go get busy on some of those things I mentioned before. Have a happy Wednesday afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment