Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words about our little baby.....The Lord is comforting our hearts, though at times we miss our little Jaide so much. When I go through something like this, I don't always know what I'm going through - if that makes any sense. I realized that quite awhile after Patrick's rather eventful birth and hospital stay....then sort of again after we lost our baby Jamie. Thankfully this time of loss is going a little "better" than the other times of loss or trauma.
I think it really helped to be able to spend some time with James and Patrick at the arboretum, the day I lost the baby. We were able to talk about our little one. Then James was able to go with me for the sonogram etc., which was so nice. Last time I ended up having to go alone, and with Patrick. Some lady I didn't know at the place had to hold him for me while I had the sono.....but anyways, I'm sure that I will be dealing with feelings and emotions etc. for awhile. All your kind words and prayers are such a blessing! Thank you all so much.
Losing two babies makes us cherish our Patrick all the more - and value the miracle of life and birth all the more!
In other news, we are moving this Saturday! The time has finally come. 13 months we've spent here at our apartment. It's not been one of my most favorite homes, but we have some very sweet and special memories from living here. Funny how those two can go together. We are very excited about our new home. So many things to look forward to....a yard (with a fence and a deck!) more space, not having to go up to the third floor every time we want to go do something outside :) a new town, being really right down the road from the Church we are attending, being closer to family.....The Lord has been so good to us. Several months ago I mentioned wanting to live in this town, and James thought it would be impossible (rent is high around there) but with God all things are possible! He has answered my prayer! The new house is three bedrooms, bathroom (we will miss having two, but oh well!) kitchen, dining room, laundry room and a BIG living room - and it is a little cheaper than the rent we were paying here, and even less expensive than what our rent here was raised to, after a years lease!!
Yesterday I packed my first box, and have been at it a lot since then :) Nothing like packing the week before you move - but I really wouldn't have liked to have things "messed" up before now.
Today I read one of, if not my favorite chapters in the Bible. I read it at lunch to me and little P.
Ecclesiastes 3
1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
12I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
13And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
16And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
17I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
18I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
22Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
I have enjoyed some of these verses for many years. I remember reading them years ago, and some of it not really making sense. Today as I was reading, new meaning was popping out at me for several verses. I thought about how as you live and experience things, it gives you more understanding. I mean, when I was 16, I had experienced quite a few things - but when I was 22, I had experienced even more - and now at 26, even more new things have happened to me, and I have 10 more years of life experience then I did at 16! All those things - happy, sad, hard, painful, joyful - they all shed new meaning on God's word. Isn't' that neat?!
I love how life is written out and explained in this chapter. I just love life! I really think people and their lives are such interesting and beautiful things! God has planned every page of our individual life stories. He knows exactly when, where, why and how everything is going to turn out - and He has our good and His glory at the bottom of each adventure or trial.
There will be times of great joy - like the day you are married, or the day you give birth to a child - or even something as simple as a walk with someone you love. But there is also a time for pain and sadness - even hate. EVERYTHING HAS A PURPOSE AND A REASON in our lives.
Sometimes I don't know why things happen, or what I should do. Sometimes relationship's get complicated, and I don't know if I should speak out about something, or just keep silence - but God does. He says that there is a TIME for everything.
Well, my "free" time is drawing to a close. My precious little child doesn't take naps anymore....at least, no usually....but he does have some "rest" time in his crib with books.
I'm off to eat something and pack up some more boxes!
Hope everyone is having a blessed and happy Tuesday - and that the sun is shinning in your part of town :) (it's been hiding here ever since yesterday! :( )
3 comments:
Two treasures in heaven...an exquisite comfort. Two treasures in heaven...an excruciating pain. All four are real. Treasures. Heaven. Comfort. Pain. The Bible says we don't sorrow as those who have no hope (read "certainty") but it doesn't say we don't sorrow--And we have a Comforter! I'm so sad for your loss and pray that you are indeed finding comfort in The Comforter. * hugs *
I found your blog a long time ago (in cyber time) when I was looking for James' parents and googled "Narda Gallagher." She had left a comment on your blog and Google found it! I was elated to finally make the connection with the Gallaghers again! I have many fond memories with them. From what I have read here and heard from the family, you are a wonderful addition! I hope we get to meet someday.
Then I didn't come back to the blog for a while and had trouble finding you again. So now I added you to my list of blogs... hopefully I don't lose you. :) (Is that ok with you to be listed there?)
's me again :)
I attended the International Institute of ACE 82-85 (under-grad) and again from 87-89 (post-grad). Jim worked at ACE and the family attended Grace Fundamental Church. Wow, lots has changed since then. No II of ACE, GFC is Grace Baptist (I think that's right) at a different location, ACE hdqtrs has moved to Nashville, TN, and the four Gallagher kids that I knew are all grown up! All that to say that the initial friendship was with the parents, but after being in their home on various occasions, it became a family friendship. "JJ" and Joseph were still pretty young then, so they probably don't remember me as much as Jordan (to whom I partly owe my MA degree!) and Chrissy who still calls me every once in a great while.
Hope! So good to know that the Lord is comforting you as we knew He would... It is hard for me to even imagine the pain of this, but we are remaining prayerful for you to get through it victoriously!
Rachel
Post a Comment