April 12, 2007

Quite Various

Today was a good day. I'm tired now, but it was a good day.

It's rather funny that I'm tired, too, since I went to bed around 7:45 pm last night!
Yesterday was exhausting! Good, but exhausting.
Patrick and I went to a luncheon for some dear friends who are moving away. It was over an hour away and started at 1:00. Patrick was cranky before we even left, and proved to be just a little out of sorts on our outing as well. Yes, not too pleasant, especially when you are the mother dealing with a tired, hungry and naughty 1 year old--especially, especially when you are the mother trying to do so in front of others! Here you sit in a room full of girls and women, and your son begins crying. Crying loudly. Instead of having a clear mind to deal with/instruct him as you should, your mind begins to fill with all the things your sure everyone else is thinking of you....ah well, we both survived! :)

and today was a nice day to recover :) We went on a morning trip to Wal-Mart to retrieve Patrick's breakfast. (we were out of both items!) Then we spent a relaxing morning at home....around 11:00 Patrick went down for his nap. He put himself to sleep, after a little exploring about his crib, and proceeded to sleep until around 1:00. In that time I managed to finish cleaning the kitchen, clean the bathrooms, do Pilate's for 10 min. and take a shower (and also some computer time! ;) )
Then I got my happy little boy up. Soon it was time to eat. Awhile after that, we set off for Albertsons. It's right down the road from our house, and has our bank inside. Patrick and I made a deposit, then set off for the Park. The parks here have BEAUTIFUL trails to walk on. I walked/pushed P for 31 min., then we got back in the car to head to a park with slides, swings and whatnot. Patrick and I had a good time together there! He loves to go down slides--and climb up them (with help, of course!)

We arrived home a little after 4:30. Daddy got home about an hour later, and Patrick got to enjoy his dear "Da" :) or "Da-eee!"
We went on a little walk around the apartment buildings--and Patrick got to play with the "BAAAH" (balloons) that are tied around our apartment. He was oh so delighted.
I also set him down in the grass and got a good laugh! He does NOT like to be in the grass with bare feet. It was really too funny to watch!

Well, I guess that's about it. James is teaching right now. I should be folding laundry. Guess I'll go do that now! (after I find something to eat!)

My camera is broken right now. I am very anxious to get it back. Thankfully we have a warranty on it--but I hate waiting. and the worst part is that it hasn't even been taken in yet!

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: