Children are wonderful things! They can find joy and wonder in the seemingly smallest things around them - and in turn they give us great joy, just by doing so!
For about two months now, we could not seem to get Patrick to consistently (or rarely ever for that matter!) say "Mama."
He has said it from time to time, but it wasn't something he repeated over and over, day after day.
He has however, delighted in saying something pretty close to the word "Daddy" - multiple times on various days! ;)
Well, about two days ago that changed! Little Paddy whack started saying "Mamamama" - and as the days passed, it began to seem that he really was saying "Mama" and meaning "Mama" :)
Today as we were walking around outside, he started saying it again - and as he did (and I repeated it to him) he looked up at me with a great grin on his face-then reached out in my direction. How that melted my heart!
Then, after I had left him in his bed for a nap, I heard him saying it again!
It is a wonderful thing to finally hear your child speak your 'name' - and know that they know what they are saying!
And now the thing that made me laugh. :)
Patrick wasn't going to sleep, (that wasn't the funny part! :) ) and I went to check on him.
When I peeked through the door, what should I see, but Patrick standing up in his crib, with his teddy bear blankie draped across his head.
Just standing there, looking out the window.
I opened the door and just laughed! It was such a funny sight. He looked at me a little surprised, as if to say "What is so funny?" - then he too started to smile!
He also seems to be getting the hang of waving down quite well now, too.
He has been able to wave and say his own version of "bye bye" for awhile - but he is doing it more now- and at different times. Once or twice he has waved at me when I have put him to bed - which I thought was so very sweet!
As I watch Patrick learn more about this world, my heart is overwhelmed with joy!
It's an amazing thing to watch a person grow from the very beginning - each day becoming more and more "person-ish" :)
What a gift children are!
April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment