February 19, 2007

3 Years, A Baby Shower and 6 Weird Things

Wednesday was Valentine's Day~which meant that James and I celebrated not only a very lovely holiday, but also our 3rd anniversary of becoming engaged! My mom came in to visit that day, and spent a few hours here with Patrick, while I went out shopping! She gave Patrick these for Valentine's Day! In the evening, my sweet parents babysat and my dearest husband took me somewhere very special~the place where we became engaged!After that, we stopped by a park that had been part of our engagement day. It was so cold, but we had a splendid time anyways!
When we got back home, the little P was sound asleep, and we had a jolly time with my parents. James got into taking some photos, too!
and here is our little Valentine!


I guess it wasn't quite what he was hoping for! ;)

On Saturday, I had the extreme joy of attending a dear friend's baby shower. I have known Natalie since childhood....we used to pretend we were horses together!
What a wonderful Mommy she will make!
the lovely Grandma and Aunt-to-be

What fun the shower was, and how thrilled we are for our dear friends!


and finally I've been tagged by Darleen! I must list 6 weird things about myself! :)

Here goes:

1) When we lived in our Greenville house (and had a backyard) I cared about how and where the cars were parked - it really irritated me to have them parked crooked, too!


2) I love to eat sherbet, (not so weird) but I like to eat it especially with certain spoons--the long spoons!


3) I like to tear off pieces of bread and roll them up into balls to eat :)


4) I dislike going to bed in an un-made bed. I also like my covers to remain in some sort of order. I like to fold down the top, and have them put them neatly over me. James likes to yank his side of them out and mess them all up! :)


5) When I was a child, we would often eat at a place called Pancho's. It was a mexican buffet, and I think probably every time I went, Iwould get 3 of the exact same things. Sometimes I would get some other things as well, but almost every (if not every) time I would get rice, cheese enchiladas and something else.



6) My husband and I courted for a little over 2 years, then were engaged for a little over 4 months. :)











4 comments:

Darleen Weston said...

I like your weird things!!

The pictures were fun to look at too!

Love ya,
Darleen

Anonymous said...

The weirdest thing (to me:) would be the car-parked-just-so. That is slightly unusual. :)
What a sweet Valentines Day! In a way, I can't believe it has ONLY been three years, and in another way, I can't believe it has been three. It is so strange, so much can happen in so short a time. What a world......

James Gallagher said...

Thanks for being my forever valentine!

Anonymous said...

Hope - thank you so much for your prayers, comments and encouragement. I can't tell you how much it has meant to me the last couple of days. I love knowing other mommys out there who are also daughters of the Most High God.....blessings on you and your family.