~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
July 3rd 2004 ~ we got married! After our wedding we went to Lockheart Gables Bed and Breakfast in Ft. Worth Tx. We ran out of gas on our way back to the B&B later that evening after a trip to town!
July 3rd 2005 ~ 1st anniversary and 4 months preggo with Patrick! We returned to Lockheart Gables, despite our car breaking down in almost the same spot as running out of gas last year!
July 3rd, 2006 ~ 2nd anniversary. Patrick was almost 7 months old. I pumped and we left him with his Gallagher grandparents overnight while we returned to Lockheart Gables.
July 3rd, 2007 ~ 3rd anniversary. Patrick was 19 months old and stayed at our apartment with my parents. We went back to Lockheart Gables. This is the year that a snake joined us in our heart shaped jacuzzi!
July 3rd, 2008 ~ 4th anniversary. Patrick was 2 1/2 and I was 3 months preggo with Nicolas. P stayed with my parents and James' sister, Anna, at our home in Rockwall. I loved this anniversary! We went to the art museum etc., and returned to Lockheart Gables, but tried the Beloved Cottage instead of the Love Nest.
July 3rd, 2009 ~ Married for 5 years! Patrick was 3 1/2 and Nicolas was almost 6 months old. James and I spent the day popping in and out of our house/activities so I could nurse, then we left a bottle and spent the night at the Hilton on the Harbor right down the road from our house.
July 3rd, 2010 ~ 6th anniversary. Patrick was 4 1/2, Nicolas was 18 months and I was 5 months preggo with Emma! The boys stayed in our Rowlett home with my parents and James' sister, Anna. We went to a hotel in Richardson.
July 3rd 2011 ~ 7th anniversary. Patrick was 5 1/2, Nicolas was 2 1/2 and Emma was 8 months old. We had just traveled to TN. for vacation, and spent the day going to Church etc. with the Smith family. Two days later we left for two nights, leaving the kids at the Smiths. We went to Pickwick landing and the Generals Quarters B&B in Corinth MS.
July 3rd, 2012 ~ 8th anniversary! Patrick is 6 1/2, Nicolas is 3 1/2, Emma is almost 20 months and I am 29 weeks preggo with William! We plan to leave the kids with the Smiths and go to a B&B in Alabama.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I find it amusing that on every anniversary except for one I've been pregnant or nursing! I've got this little plan/wish/whatever you want to call it :) that on our 10th anniversary I won't be either, and we will go to Hawaii or some place like that! :) We'll (Lord Willing) have an 8 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and close to 2 year old! Wowzers.
I like to imagine what life will be like then. I'm looking forward to it. I like the fact that we'll have 3 boys and 1 girlie.
So tomorrow is our anniversary! I'm excited about it. 8 years ago about this time I think I was sitting on the couch in my parents living room, sewing fake flowers on my veil, talking to James and my mom.
The first couple years on our anniversaries I've written flowery posts saying things like "I love James MORE than I did on the day I married him!!" :) Well, that's still true. :) The last two years have been the hardest of our marriage so far though, and I find myself looking at things a little differently. It's interesting. It's sad to see certain phases of your life ending, but it's nice to see other parts just starting to bloom. And it's nice to know you've married a committed, Godly man, who sticks by you in thick and thin. It makes the marriage vows "in sickness and in health" type of things all the more special - to realize that you have been/are going through rough times, and are still being loved etc.!
Thanks James, for being you! I love you! (yes, MORE than I did on the day I married you!) Happy Anniversary!
July 02, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment