June 14, 2011

My Gifts from God!

I sure love my little babies!! They continually say the funniest and sweetest things. I want to remember them all!

I'm trying lately to remember how quickly my little ones will be grown and gone. I'm trying to stop and look them in the eye, put my arm around them and say something to make them feel special and loved....for indeed they are both!
I'm trying to hug them more, and focus on the HERE and NOW. It's hard when my mind is so fuzzy and crowded....but HERE is where I am, and where they are - and I don't want to look back years down the road and think, "Where was I? What were they like? Now look at these adults before my eyes! I miss the little years!"

These are the best years of our lives! Days we don't get back. So soon they will be grown. Thank You God, for THIS season, and these three precious kiddos!

Sayings & Moments To Remember....



Nicolas wanted chips. I told him when he was done with his food he could have some. He then cleared all his food off his plate onto the floor & exclaimed "Yay!!!" I told him no, to put them back on his plate to which he replied "Oh No!"

"Mama, did you know, when I take a shower, there isn't any music, so I just sing." - Patrick

"I haven't seen that book - that green one. What is it?" It's a book about raising kids. "From the dead?" - Patrick

Nicolas was whining & fussing about his hair being combed. I was talking to him about how maybe he needed to go to bed, because when people are tired they whine & cry about everything, and out of the blue he said "No! Hap-py!"

Patrick quoted Psalm 139 as "Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your president?" - Patrick

Nicolas called Mimi and Poppi on our toy phone. He said "Pop-pop! Mimi! Oh wow! Eat. Wow! Eat! Bye bye!"

"For he was wounded for our transmissions" - Patrick




Patrick crawled into bed with me & Emma one morning. After awhile he said "She's so cute! I'm glad she was born."

Emma was fussing one day, and Nicolas told her not to worry & cry about the storm (that's what he seemed to think she was crying about! :) ) because he was there! He says that often. "No worry. Me here!" He also tells me "No worry" about things that I'm telling him not to do, like standing in dangerous places......:)

"Daddy, please look at your facebook and see this bug. Bye." - posted with my help on FB along with a picture of a bug that Patrick wanted Daddy to see.



Messy Memories.....Patrick loves to put tape on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. He taped paper on the fireplace and used it as an easel. He also likes to experiment with glue :)

One morning while trying to prepare for an event at my house, my children dropped a brand new toy penguin in the toilet, spilled their C drink 2x, N poured foot powder out all over the bathroom floor and smeared it on his toy piano, Emma spit up on me and the floor and P talked non-stop (or at least A LOT! :) )

Other messy adventures.....coloring on the couch, stabbing people with pretend violin bows, etc.....all compliments of my little 2 yr. old! :)

I called Nicolas a "shopaholic" (he LOVES to shop!) and after asking what one was, Patrick said he was a "Churchaholic" :) They have this joke between them about Sunday nights, when P & J go to Church and N, E and I shop....they say "ME - CHURCH! YOU - SHOP!" mixing it up where it's not correct. Then the other one says "NO! ME - CHURCH! YOU - SHOP!"



James & P went on their fist camping trip a while back. P was so excited he started watching for J an hour before J even gets off work!

"My bones are growing and are owie, so I think it's better to watch a movie." - Patrick ;)

Emma LOVES her brothers. She thinks they hung the moon! ;) Today she was grinning her head off at a VIDEO of Nicolas! (he was in bed. I think she missed them!)

Nicolas just recently started saying Patrick's name! I waited so long to hear it! It is absolutely precious and melts my heart. He says "Pa-chick." But, with that, "Bubba" went bye bye. He never calls him that anymore! :(

Patrick is reading everything!!! He has even started trying (sometimes successfully) to put together words we spell out! Having to watch what I leave around more now!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I loved this post, Hope! How we miss you all...