"I sure wonder if Poppi took my old tricycle that was red like this and smashed it and made a scooter...."
Patrick made a "fly trap" ie, his paper plate from lunch with some peanut butter on it & a chip. He wrote "FLY" all around the edges & said "I'm gonna write "FLY" on here, then he'll know it's for him."
"God, Thank You for my scooter. I like it a lot."
"Emma, I love you the best than ALL the sisters in the world!"
"I think spanking is an interesting thing."
Me: "Why do you think that?"
"because I wonder what would happen if you spanked blocks. hard ones."
"....and we put our eyes right close to each other to make four eyes" (I guess talking about one of his siblings & putting his face right against theirs....)
"In Heaven I wondered if people could just open their doors & thank God for their food."
He said he wants Daddy, Mama, Nicolas & Emma etc. to ALL go to Heaven at the same time.
He said sometimes in Heaven he would lay down on the floor of our house & take a nap. (upon hearing that there is no night)
I was changing E's diaper in another room while the boys were eating lunch. I heard a cough and said "Are you guys ok?" both of them responded that they were, then Patrick said "Are you girls ok?"
Singing a song together. Words in the song Nicolas can say are "Jesus" "Heart" "Me" "Day" I find it funny that right when they are singing about all they do being on "display" that Nicolas starts bothering his brother's hat ;)
He was telling me something he told his babysitters (Kathleen & Rebekah B.) and part of it was "....Mimi & Poppi, their names are really Dennis & Grandmerry"
I was explaining to Patrick how a reward system was going to work, and how when we finished it we would do it again. When I finished saying how we'd do it over & over again he said "over & over again until we get to Heaven?!!"
"Sometimes Chick-fil-a has yucky music, but I LOVE it. I'm never going to trade restaurants!"
Patrick was learning about Illinois & the Sears Tower and said "Why is it called the Serious Tower?"
We were talking about things related to picking your nose and Patrick told me: "I used to wipe them on my PJ's, but now I just throw them on the floor so you can
vacuum them."
Nicolas loves to say verses! He can say "Allll" with a hand motion, but he didn't do it here....
In the car one day Patrick said "Emma is doing this (made an up-turned face with nose high in the air & eyes fluttering shut) so she is PROUD!"
James has an owie on his leg, and Nicolas prays the most pitiful, sad sounding prayers for him. They go something like this: (with hands folded & eyes tightly squeezed shut, with a rather hushed & high pitched voice) "Daddy, Daddy, ow, ow, Ah-man" (sometimes he whispers the Amen)
"Bananas Gorilla has SIX WATCHES. Nobody needs that many watches!"
Talking about death & what happens to your body & soul: "....and your spirit goes to Heaven or hell...and your spirit is you?"
"look at that lovely green grass! I want to live in that house!"
"When I drink Juice it makes me SMILE!"
"I love my baby brother SO MUCH!"
(back from when I was preggo with Emma..) he is always watching out for me and telling me I "shouldn't do" such n such "because you're pregnant!"
Calls Nicolas "Little Fix It" & himself "Mr. Fix it"
Nicolas was wanting me to draw "woof woofs" (dogs) and pointing at the paper, Patrick said "He shows you where to make them! That's so CUTE!"
Eating a burger one day, Patrick said: "It tastes like it needs to cook a little bit more, but Thank You!"
About Emma "She looks like Poppi, Mom, with that little bit of hair!"
"Bless you Emma!"
P laid their food on a blanket and said "Camping! So we're gonna burn up our food and eat it, 'cause we're camping!"
"You just need a little love from your elephant!" P said to Emma, giving her a toy elephant of hers.
I asked who wanted to pray at lunch. Patrick said "Me!" and began praying. Of course right then Nicolas got upset that HE wanted to pray and said loudly in the middle of P's prayer "ME!!!" It was a bit humorous to see them "fighting" about praying....
We had not read this story before. He is taking off with his reading!
1 comment:
Awww... I loved all of this, Hope! Thanks so much for sharing! Nicolas really looked like Mr. Beeman to me in the video where he was saying the verse! :)
Post a Comment