January 14, 2011

Emma is Two Months!



It's very hard to believe that eight weeks have gone by since Emma joined our family! I like the feeling that she belongs here now. We are still working on some transitions, but overall it feels like what would we do without her - which is a good feeling! Amazing how God can weave new people into our lives, filling a spot you never knew was empty. Although, I felt for awhile before I got pregnant with Emma that she was missing....I guess it was God preparing me for her! :)

Emma is growing lots! At her last appointment she weighed 12 lbs. That was right before Christmas, so she could weigh more now.
Emma continues to be such a sweetheart! Still very laid back and content and best of all STILL sleeps all night long! I am so thankful to God for that!!! My mom has always told me I slept through the night from the beginning, and I'm not sure I really believed it was possible - but it is! I know it could change, and if that happens it will be ok. But what a gift it is while it lasts!

Some things to remember about Emma at 2 months:
* Her wake periods have been about an hour. It seems like they might be stretching out longer, but I'm not sure yet.
* When she gets tired, generally all you have to do is get her comfy with her blanky & binky and she conks out. No big crying. It's amazing! She has even taken some of her naps wrapped up on the floor. Very unlike the boys.
*She has become even more alert & smiley! She makes the most adorable cooing sounds, smiles (and tries to laugh!) at us, the boys and even strangers who talk to her!
*She loves to exercise! Shel loves laying flat and madly kicks her legs and waves her arms, all while making the most excited faces!
*She raises her eyebrows in the most adorable way! It's her little "eyebrow thing". Nicolas had a little "hand thing" he used to do. So funny.
*She used to make these sweet little "o" faces. She still makes them some, but I see it less now.
*She is waking up earlier now, then naps about an hour later, and continues this pattern mostly throughout the day. Occasionally she'll go on a big sleep-a-thon.
*She eats about every 2-3 hours. Some mornings she seems to need to eat every 2 hours or so, which I attribute to her sleeping so long at night. And some evenings I'll just nurse her a lot, since I like to just sit and do the computer or whatever ;) sometimes though if we are busy or she is sleeping she will go 4 or so hours between feedings. She is not very demanding about eating still (good and bad!) She can easily be "put off" with the binky - which of course isn't our goal, but sometimes it does happen. But since she is growing out of her clothes I don't think it happens too much!
*the boys LOVE her. We LOVE her. The boys are still working on perfecting the art of being gentle with her.
* She is so feminine and dainty! She acts like a girl. Her crying reminds us of a girl and her emotions. Kinda like "OH! I can't stand it anymore! This is SO TERRIBLE!" She still has this little cry that reminds me of a dog at times. Like a bark. it's funny.
*She makes THE saddest poochy lip. and sometimes cries in her sleep, or makes a sad, sad whimper. That's mostly when her tummy is giving her trouble.
*She is still sleeping in the pack 'n play bassinet in our room. It's a record for our babies to make it this long in our room (at least to ALWAYS sleep in our room. The boys did end up in there a lot due to nursing in the night.)
*Having a feminine, frilly little pink thing around the house is wonderful. She adds so much to our lives, and we thank God for giving us her. She is a most precious gift!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Soooo fun to read about sweet Emma. I'm glad she is such a good baby for you. :)