September 13, 2010

Life & BabyEmma!

It's been an interesting week, to say the least....

God sent a lot of rain, which was good for the parched ground, but not so good for a leaky roof.
BOTH our cars (which are too small for our family after Emma's arrival) broke down.
The Vacuum Cleaner continued it's breakdown which has been occurring for awhile, resulting in us borrowing my MIL's.
Patrick had a reaction to something (probably cat hair on something from a thrift store) and his eye swelled up really badly.
and as usual, finances were stressful :)

throw in with that all the normal day to day stresses of dealing with children, schooling, housework, etc. etc. - it's been an interesting week, for sure.

Counting our Blessings though:
God provided us with some unexpected gifts of $ for groceries etc.
God provided someone to tow one of our cars, which broke down at James' job.
God provided rides for James after his car broke down, and a way for me to have the car one day, so I could grocery shop (and as it turned out, take Patrick to the doctor for his eye.)
God helped Patrick's eye to un-swell, and there were no other problems.
God provided a vacuum for us to borrow.
There has been no sickness (aside from the eye thing) this week. I hate sickness in my kids or hubby! So grateful everyone has been well.
Sunday School & The Sermon were very timely.....on trials & Grace.
We were able to take a good look inside our hearts, and evaluate what's in there :)
We have three healthy children, who keep us laughing every day! We sure love them.
I sure love my hubby, too. He's a keeper, for sure.

-------------------------------------------------
Aside from that, we are getting so close to Emma's arrival! I'm 33 weeks today. That leaves 7 more weeks! Not long, for sure!
I'm seeing my midwife, Dinah every 2 weeks now. Everything seems to be progressing the way it should.
I've reached the point of being ACHY and UNCOMFORTABLE! :) I asked James last night "Was I this miserable with the boys?" he said I was, and I forgot - and that I'll forget all this when Emma is in my arms, too :)
Sure can't wait for that day! I am so excited to have a little girl, and dress her up! I'm probably the most excited about HEADBANDS! Oh, I love them! I just want to put one on her cute little head and stare at her! (and take lots and lots of pictures!)
I'm anxious to see what she looks like, and if she has dark or light hair. I thought all my kids would have dark hair, but the boys proved me wrong! So, we say, maybe the girl will have dark hair? Who knows!
--------------------------------------------------------
Life with the boys is moving right along. Patrick is doing & enjoying school, and both are growing like weeds - and are SO MUCH FUN!
Patrick says the funniest things. On our way to Church one day we saw some cows, and P said "Why do people never take their cows to Church?.....If I grow up I'll have a cow Church. On the front it will say "Cow Church" and on the back "Cows learn about God""
One day Nicolas was touching the wall, and P said "Nicolas is being gentle to the wall! You don't have to be gentle to it Nicolas, because it's not real!!!"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Fall teaching has started up. James works 12 hr. shifts at The Planet every Thur. Fri. and Sat., as well as e/o Wednesday. Then Church is Sunday, and James teaches/does the orchestra on Monday.
This year we had a child of a former conductor join the group! Some of my friends will remember the Fore family! So fun.
I wrote up a schedule for the days, and for what subjects we would do each day in school. I'm liking having them, although I'm pretty loose as far as some things are concerned.
Patrick "loves math" and he is doing so well with his phonics & reading! It's so exciting.
Nicolas loves Elmo. He calls him "La la" because of the song "Elmo's song" (on youtube, of course!)
-------------------------------------------
.....and that's about it. I am so grateful for the life God has given me. I am so happy to be married to James, and so grateful for the beautiful children God has given us.

No comments: