"Look Mama, there's pieces of sunshine!"
I sang a kids song, and patrick corrected the lyrics. I said, teasingly "Thanks for setting me straight!" and he replied "We're you bumpy?"
"Mama, I said a mean sound to the mopper, because I wanted my broom!" (He isn't supposed to make mean sounds to people when they do things he doesn't like, and the mop was in the way of his broom, so I guess he was confessing, or something!)
Looking at the sticker with a ladybug on his apple he said "I guess they kill ladybugs and make apples." (he has recently become more aware of how animals are killed to be beef, chicken, etc. - in fact, there was one conversation where he said something about "taping the animals back together" after they were killed - and how he didn't want to eat animals!)
sometimes when you have sprite you have a low burp! sometimes when I have the cup, when I have the sprite at Chick-fil-a I have a low burp and a high burp.
If we have a baby girl and she has red hair I think we should name her Madeline!
Patrick said when he grows up he wants to be a lizard! (usually he tells us he doesn't WANT to grow up!)
Nicolas was crying about having to sit on his potty chair, so Patrick ran and got a book and hurried over to show N pictures and "read" him the book. "To make him feel better!" (so sweet to listen to him read to his baby brother...."Yes, Nicowas! It's a BOAT - like in the bathtub....I'll show you! Meanwhile Nicolas is going "row row row!")
Patrick telling Nicolas "how to make a bellybutton":
"They take a string from your Mama's tummy, then they cut it and tie it, and that's how you make a bellybutton, Nicolas! You understand?"
and another time...."See Nicowas? It's a bellybutton! I have one, you have one, Daddy has one! Everyone has one - even mean people." Then a little later I hear "Mama, do mean people have bellybuttons?"
On the way home one day Patrick said "When Nicolas and I get married, we will still be brothers and we can call each other on the phone!......like Daddy and Uncle Joseph!"
We arrived home from shopping and I said "HI HOUSE!!" Patrick replied "It didn't say anything!"
Patrick says "Nicolas, I want to teach you a new word. Can you say "The. The Lord is powerful" Nicolas: "Bah!" Patrick: "You're supposed to say THE, not Bah....The, The, The!"
I heard laughter coming from the boys room and looked in to see Nicolas gleefully throwing binkies in Patricks direction :) (both in their own beds, of course! :) )
1 comment:
Those were so cute, Hope!
Post a Comment