Taken about this time. And four years ago, about this time, I was walking down the aisle to my soon to be husband!
Here I am with my lovely flowers and card....
...and here's James with his card :) The next stop was IHOP for breakfast. YUM YUM YUM. Such a treat to go out to breakfast. We avoid breakfast places usually as a family, due to Patrick's severe egg allergies.After our tummies were oh so full :) we headed to Fort Worth for a day of fun!
We did such "exotic" stuff (well, to us it was exotic :) ) First we visited the Kimball art museum. It was a very different and fun thing to do, and we enjoyed looking at the art and talking. We liked the violin statue!
Then we visited the Botanical Gardens.
We explored the Japanese Gardens....which made us feel very...Japanese :)
...and very giddy!
James of course was very excited to feed the fish :) There were SO many, and they were HUGE, and acted like pigs instead of fish :)
We liked the turtles, too!
We enjoyed taking lots of pictures!
Some which were very silly....but if you know James, you understand why :)
I love this silly, handsome guy!
It was a lovely afternoon together!
Remember the past, and enjoying our fourth anniversary. It was also so nice to be able to talk and talk and talk....about anything and everything, and just spend time alone and together!
Then it was time to check in to our room at Lockheart Gables. The place we gone to every July 3rd since our Wedding Day! This year we stayed in a new room, the "Beloved Cottage"
It is bigger than our other room "The Love Nest" which was a fun change! It still had a heart shaped tub, but thankfully no snakes in this one, unlike last year!
Looking from the little "jacuzzi room" (complete with a CD player, snacks and drinks!) into the little living are and bedroom (the bathroom is to the left)
We were delighted for the fifth time in a row by the DELICIOUS and personalized cookies, and the yummy drinks with heart shaped ice cubes!
The bed is SO beautiful! I love the canopy!
The door to our little cottage! (we were departing for dinner here)
Our own private porch!
Outside our room...
Inside the main house, where we stopped to use to phone to check on Patrick. James also played a little song while we were there!
Heading off for dinner....We had dinner at the Olive Garden. We splurged like crazy, having an appetizer AND dessert. We were so stuffed!
It was such a wonderful time together!
Outside the olive garden, where James tried to get me to do all kinds of silly things along with him :)
The next morning they brought breakfast to our room. They have such yummy food!
A toast!
After a relaxing and enjoyable morning and afternoon at the Beloved Cottage, we packed up and took one last picture before heading home...
A quick stop at the gas station, a call to see how little Paddy was doing....a few errands, including chick-fil-a lunch....
...and we were home with our little guy!
And there you have it :) It truly was such a special get-away. It brought us closer together. Four years have gone by quickly, yet they have been a long time. We have gone through wonderful times and hard times together. God has been good to us. So very good. James and I have changed A LOT since we got married. I am SUCH a different person than I was four years ago. I love James SO MUCH MORE than I did on the day when I married him. This anniversary trip showed me how very much I love him, and how much I need him in my life. It was like the song we listened to, as my head rested so peacefully on his chest...."Morning has broken, like the first morning..." It feels like morning dawned on this trip - in a way I could say like when we were first in love, only it's so much better and so much stronger than before. Thank You God, for this wonderful gift of love, and for my precious husband. You truly made him just for me! I know we have many more things to discover on this journey together, and I know that You will be with us all along!
5 comments:
Congrats! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Getting away sounds soooo nice to me right now. :)
What a sweet and fun post, Hope! It sounds like y'all had a lovely anniversary and we wish you many, many more! Love you!
...such a sweet post, Hope! I am so glad that you had such a lovely anniversary get-away!...isn't amazing how God 'grows' us and refines us into something that glorifies Him...including our marriages! GOD IS SO FAITHFUL! Congrats on 4 years and many blessings! :)
Simply beautiful!
Congratulations on 4 years! What a lovely time together... and to think you let us in on the joy. :) What a wonderful gift to us! Thanks!
Congratulations on 4 years!! Looks like y'all had such a nice relaxing time.
Post a Comment