One year ago today, I was giving birth to Patrick. It was a moment that changed my life forever! I'll never forget his birth. It was such a thrilling and amazing time!!
Sadly, I slept through the moment when he turned one this year--1:58 am! :) He did too--but he woke up a one-year-old, nevertheless!
It's amazing that 12 months have gone by since that icy morning of December 8th, 2005--and yet, in another way, it's amazing that it's only been 12 months!
I was thinking today while I was resting, about CHANGE.
I worry about each change that looms over the horizon.....sometimes fighting desperately to keep things "as they are"....... yet after "it" occurs (and we have had some time--sometimes a long time! :)--to adjust....) "it" always brings something so wonderful. The process of changing can be and is hard, but the result in the end is often so wonderful--and brings many an important lesson along with it!!
I remember how much I fought against adding a baby to our life. Not that I didn't love him, but I had many a selfish worry about my life changing.....and it did change.....and so did I......but it's ok! As a matter of fact, it's good--very good!
Not that I don't have hard days still, but life is wonderful! Patrick adds SO MUCH to my life. A lot of responsibility, and definitely A LOT of laughter, love and joy! He is so much fun. I love him so much.....that big feeling is hardto put into words. Other Mama's out there know what I mean, I'm sure. Such a big powerful love for someone so little, who can't even really talk yet :)
So, my lesson from all this should be, not to worry and fight against change! :) I think that is easier said than done :) --but still, it's a nice thing to know! :)
And now Patrick is one. A whole year of his life has been lived. It was such a special year--each day had never before been lived on this earth. Now he enters a new phase. He is a little bit older, a little bit wiser, and definitely knows more about what is what. He is ready to begin life in earnest now. He had to spend a whole year (plus 9 months before that!) growing and learning the basics~ now he's ready to move on to step 2! He really has grown up. He's not a tiny baby anymore. He is understanding so much, and is doing new things! He is also walking more! It's so sweet and cute.
I love you Patrick! I'm so glad God sent YOU to your daddy and me!! Happy 1st Birthday!!!
2 comments:
Happy birthday Patrick!!
Happy, Happy Birthday to one of the most fun one-year-olds I know! I'm sure your mommy and daddy will make it a fun day. :D
Post a Comment