November 24, 2006

Goodbye to Our Baby...

Wednesday I went in for a sonogram, because I had been having some bleeding. They couldn't find a heartbeat for our little baby. I saw it on the screen, but apparently it wasn't really there. our teeny tiny little person from our family had gone on to Heaven to be with Jesus. The sonogram place was right near James' work, so Patrick and I went over there to see him afterwards.

I'd already started a file of "momentos" for Baby Number 2's scrapbook. I had printed emails of congratulations, the card from the flowers James sent me--that afternoon I added another thing. The pictures from the sonogram. It was so final. Like a funeral. I was putting something in our babies folder that meant it was the end of our baby's life.....such a short little life. Not quite 8 weeks old even. We loved our little baby.....and we will always hold our precious little baby in our hearts.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. My heart and prayers goes out to you during this time.
Danya

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you... We lost our first little one at 12 weeks, and I know well how very real the grieving process was for us. God's word, His people will be your greatest encouragement in the days to come!!! Hold on to the truth that God is sovereign and that your precious baby is right now worshipping HIM for eternity!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Hope, I'm so sad for you. I'm praying God will comfort your hearts as only He can.

sethswifeforlife said...

Hope, sorry to hear of your loss. May God grant you peace and grace during this time. And love on your little Patrick all you can!
God bless~

Anonymous said...

So sorry Hope, I pray you will feel His arms around and see Him work in your life to bring joy at this time.

Anonymous said...

Oh Hope,
I just saw your post. Know that you are in my prayers. May Jesus hold you close during this time!
-Rachel M

Brittany P said...

Hope and James, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God give you His peace, and the comfort only He can give. We love you!