January 11, 2012

Kid Stuff!


I've got a bit of them written down and stuck on my computer in files....at least they are safe, though! Gonna see if James can get them for me sometime, lol.

My three do and say the cutest things all the time! Life with three is very different than life with two. I think having older kids makes it different too.....they are so PEOPLE-ISH :) not just little babies toddling around! It's a great adventure. 

Yesterday Nicolas painted a picture of "daa-ee's hop-i-sol" for James. When James got home from work, we gave it to him. (I think Patrick did, lol) Patrick came running into the kitchen afterwards telling me about it. I said something like "Wow, I bet Daddy liked that!" to which he replied "Yeah, especially since it's his OWN KID!" :)

Patrick found his notebook he and James made the evening Patrick was saved. He then quietly retreated upstairs with Nicolas, to the very table he and James sat at back in October 2010. I heard him talking to Nicolas about Jesus. I went upstairs and said "What are you doing?" Nicolas responded "We prayin' for my heart!"

Emma is so adorable walking all over the house, this tiny little person! I love love love it! Today she went over to the laundry room door, and I believe was looking for James. She said "Daa-daa". I picked her up and showed her through the garage door that Daddy wasn't home yet. So cute!

Emma and Nicolas love to scream together! Adorable and LOUD!

Here's Emma walking! This was right after I had four teeth (two wisdom) removed on December 30th, 2011. Emma started walking on Christmas eve!  

The next video is a great scheme of Patrick's! He is forever doing things like this! He tied Emma's beloved car from Grandma to her overalls with dental floss. He was SO delighted that it worked and seeing her pull it around! She was a good sport about it for quite awhile, too!
 
 and here is Patrick saying one of his many poems he has learned so far in 1st grade! He has a "memory like an elephant" ! :)

 the boys doing a marshmallow test together :) I like listening to them talk and sing together. Such sweet little guys!

Nicolas just turned three yesterday! How quickly those years have gone! He is a hilarious, sweet little boy. I can't believe he is 3! 
He got to start piano lessons, which he has been greatly looking forward too! With "Aunt Lissa". :) A couple months back he told me "I WISH I could!" (take piano lessons) and another time he told me "When I take piano lessons I'll take off my shoes and wash my hands!" (That's what all the students do at the teachers house, and he has seen Patrick do it.)
Of course on the BIG DAY when he did get to start (We told him when he was three he could) he was playing with friends and didn't want to leave. I think he was nervous, too. He cried and said "I don't WANT TO take piano lessons!" Then I told him he had to, and he said "When I'm big can I not?" As we made our ways downstairs for his lesson he tearfully said "Will you sit with me?"

Nicolas went through a phase of not liking pepperoni pizza. Patrick knew it and said to him "What do you think of the pepperoni?" Nicolas said "A tiny bit yucky." Patrick then replied "I need to teach you how to be polite. What you do is you say "Thank you" even if you don't like it."

Eating chips Patrick said "They're right, Mama - you CAN fit a whole one in your mouth!" I questioned what he meant and he said "It says BITE SIZE toritlla chip!"

Our milk had oreos on them for awhile...with the little slogan "Milks favorite cookie." Patrick was looking at the milk one day and said "Hey milk!" I said "Yeah?" P: "I said MILK." Me: "oh." P: "What's your favorite cookie?"

Patrick: "When God makes a new world, does He get rid of the old one?" Us: "Yes." P: "Where does He put it?"

Patrick to me: "Good job remembering that rule that Daddy told you, that you NEVVVVEEER leave the stove on when you go to the bathroom - or on a walk."

Quote from Nicolas last night as James was tucking him in and I was downstairs sweeping: "Daddy, what that broomin' sound?"

James was looking for his keys all weekend...Finally, we asked Nicolas if he knew where the keys were and he told us right where they were: In an oatmeal box in a drawer, where he had put them. 

Patrick: "Why is Gmail getting a new look?"

One day Patrick came into the kitchen and told me earnestly about something that had happened. I wasn't quite following what he was saying until I heard him say excitedly "I think it might have been a miracle!"

Patrick was eager to help write our Christmas letter....here's what he wrote:
"We Moved from TEXas. To TeNNSSEE. we LivEd in|a|NEiGhBorhood. That was called. MillWood. 
Merry Chrimas. and a Happy New! Year!"

Nicolas loves to praise his little sister for doing something good. He exclaims with great enthusiasm "Good BOY, Emma!!!"

After our move I was talking to Nicolas about Texas and Tennessee. Our map has TN in pink. For awhile there, according to Nicolas we lived in "PINK Tennessee!"

one day I was apologizing for something to the boys. Afterwards Nicolas pointed at me with a mischievous grin and declared "You a CRAB!"

one night I returned from a quick trip to Walmart. James had put the boys to bed while I was gone. I heard crying in the boy's room and went in to see what was up. When I asked Nicolas why he was crying he replied "I lost you!"

Patrick recently got a violin and began lessons with James. In the evenings when they practice, Nicolas and I have enjoyed somel time together. He always wants to read a book and play "wee wee wee all the way home!" His version of "This little piggy" goes like this: "This little piggy had none. (very sad face) This little piggy (had) root beer! This little piggy (went to the) gift shop! This little piggy go wee wee wee wee wee allllll the way home!"

Little Emma is acting more and more like a toddler these days! She LOVES her brothers, laughing, playing in the kitchen cupboards, looking at books and soft stuffed animals. She especially loves coloring, and has amazed us by just picking up crayons, pencils etc. and holding them very close to the correct way! She has the sweetest little personality, and is very laid back. She is tons of fun and brings so much JOY to our daily lives. We are still enjoying all the pink frilly girl clothes and bows!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love those kids! I'm so glad that we get to spend time with them and know them in person instead of only through your blogs!