February 25, 2009

God is good!

The last two days have been a breath of fresh air - and I don't mean the weather, although today is indeed lovely.
Sunday was a bad day. By the evening I'd managed to get James in on the gloom and doom too, and we were mad at each other and hurt.
That night we got a HUGE pile of laundry folded, while talking it all out! :) (maybe we should fight more often? no, i think not. :) )
I have so many issues and problems at times it seems. Things from my past that bug me, or attitudes in the present that just make me a miserable person. James gave me some wonderful advice and encouragement.
All these problems and issues are TOO much for me to figure out and deal with - but God is totally able to, all I have to do is go to Him.
All the stresses of life are TOO much to deal with sometimes - but all I have to do is go to God and ask Him to help me.
The last two days He HAS. He has been so good to me. I feel such peace when I communicate with Him.
Thank You God - please help me to keep at it!

In other news, we took the boys to the doctor on Monday. They both have colds and coughs, but Nicolas didn't quite seem like himself, so we decided it would be better to go in. They both are ok at this point, I just hope they go uphill instead of down. RSV makes me nervous, yet I don't want to stay in all the time.....so at times when I go out, I feel guilty!
Nicolas now weighs 12 lbs. and Patrick 35!

James is still looking for a job. He's been home now for close to 3 weeks. Thankfully we got a pay-check on the 15th from his previous job. That was the last one, but we still have the violin lessons in the evenings bringing in some income - so God is providing for us! Someone from our Church was also so sweet and generous bringing us some beef and a chicken! What a blessing.
As far as the search for a new job, James has had several opportunities to talk with people/and or interview, including one call back. One option is right here in our town and we would both SO love for it to work out, but alas, they aren't hiring right now. Maybe in a few months. One perk to all this is that I get to see James in his suit quite a lot, due to interviews! :) He looks NICE!

Today was our shopping day. One trip to the bank, a stop at Kroger, then on to Walmart where Nicolas ate and had a dirty diaper while I was changing him (and he then got his clothes changed, too!) then we shopped in Wally's and headed home. After that I hurried to make something for us all to eat, then my parents arrived to visit/drop off some meat before leaving for CA - now the boys are resting/sleeping and James is teaching lessons.....and I'm resting, too. Tonight we eat Totino's Pizzas from Wally's, so my supper prep. is EASY! (ie, nothing - except I do have to make Patrick's food) so it shall be a more relaxed evening. Maybe I'll watch a movie tonight. Oh - and enjoy my caffeine free coke :)

Happy Wednesday! We're half way to the WEEKEND!

No comments: