April 11, 2005

Those that Mourn

Through a website, I came to know a special family.
They have been married for around 5 years. In those five years they have lost 4 children. Two were miscarriages, one died in childbirth (at 23 weeks) and the other was born somewhere between 2 and 3 months early. This sweet baby lived for 9 weeks, filling his parents lives with joy. Then, the Lord took him home.

This baby's parents are such a testimony.
Of course they are heartbroken. I know that, along with people like me, they wonder "why"....but they are trusting God, even when things don't make sense.

They are rejoicing in the good that came from a 9 week life.
So many people have been impacted by their son.
It made us realize how fragile and precious life is, and that all our family and friends are only on loan to us. God is in control, and although He might allow very difficult circumstances, we can and must always trust Him.

I came across this verse today, and thought of this family.
"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified." Isaiah 61:3

I know that God keeps His promises, and that He will give this family beauty for ashes. It may not be the way I would picture beauty, but praise the Lord that He knows better than me!
Please pray for this family. They have a long road ahead of them....But God will be with them.

1 comment:

James Gallagher said...

Thoughtful insights about a difficult situation. Your site just blossoms with *hope* and *charity*!